Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well can anybody tell me why when i go to my local dealer to look at all the new vetts,and see a 40th.anne,thats in fair shape(to rep, in great condition)he starts to give me his pitch about how rare they are,so-on ,and so-on,.i tell him i think that what hes asking is a little bit high,$24,000.has 46,000 k and needs a few things like tires,some weather strips,you all know the rest,and when he sees mine he just willing to give me his so called best price that he can,which i think to low of course,he must have thought i just got off the boat,so tell me are dealers,or private sellers the way to go.amy coments on this would be appre.as allways (save the wave ) kenney 1984:excited:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Guess it depends on many factors. First, set your limit of what you want to spend. Second, if thats the car you want then of course make him an offer. If the sales person wants to deal you'll go back and fourth on a price. If no dice then just leave. If it's still on the lot after a month then go back and try it again. Maybe you can get him to break.

When buying a used vette I think you'll be much better off going to a private seller. Of course many owners think that the car is still worth some money and will also need to be chewed down.

Trading in your car will never get a good price unless you sell it yourself.

Good Luck!

:cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Car dealers are such a pita. I swear I could get the greatest deal in the world at a dealer and still have the feeling I was ripped off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts