Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question? Are there any 417 CI cars here and if so can you answer a few questions? With a 417 Ci forged motor with LS3 ported heads what kind of power are you making. I know the cam matters so what size cam are you using to make that kind of power? I am in the process of building one and would like to know what to expect. To be honest the suspense is killing me please help?:crazy:

O yea its an 08 LS3.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine made 530 rwhp and 508 ftlbs of torque. That was on the break-in tune from Vette Doctors. I never got the final tune. The z06 clutch I had at the time was slipping, so I had to wait on money for a new clutch. By the time it was installed I had to move back to the west coast. They left it slightly rich and took some timing off the top end. This was also with ported stock heads, 11:1 compression, an ls3 ported intake manifold, and l2 throttle body. It wasn't a "money is no object build, but it made good power regardless.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I am going with a mild cam that will work well with a supercharger. I will lose alittle off the top end power but looking for bigger numbers in the low and mid range! I want to keep the driveability on the stock side but make good power with it until I get the money for the supercharger! I would love to see 530rwhp that would be great!!! What cam are you running? Are you happy with the motor and was it worth the money? My stock motor is done so I have no choice. It only makes since to upgrade for what a stock motor will cost!

Anyone else 416-418 CI out there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts