Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the other forum hoping to get as much input as possible. :cheers:

I'm swapping a LS into my car it came with a 99 Z28 PCM and harness. I found a 4L60E out of a 2 wheel drive 2000 truck.
Will the 99 PCM work with the transmission?
What can I do about the C-beam?
I hear I can swap my 700r4 tail shaft over with a 6 bolt to 4 bolt adapter but what about the difference in the VSS?

· Registered
1,861 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it not be easier to keep LSX engine / trans / PCM /VSS as one working unit and make an adapter to fit the C Beam to new trans ?

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1864000&postcount=4
I found a company that makes a 6 bolt to 4 bolt adapter. I can bolt my 700r4 tailshaft to it and use a 96 VSS sensor(supposedly). I hope it works.
The nice thing is it will add length to the 4L60E and should line up easier with the c-beam and drive shaft.
I'm also thinking of going with a D44. How much horsepower will a D36 handle?
I just put a D36 in my car and hate to take it back out. On the other hand I hate to ruin a D36 with 30k on it if i can sell it now and use that towards the purchase of a D44.

· Registered
1,861 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.