Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Why doesn't it surprise me that the sign is for Exxon. Even here in NJ where gas is fairly cheap and Exxon has a huge refinery, Exxon is always the most expensive gas. :crazy:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Why doesn't it surprise me that the sign is for Exxon. Even here in NJ where gas is fairly cheap and Exxon has a huge refinery, Exxon is always the most expensive gas. :crazy:
It's that "Techron" they put in the gas. :laughing: I noticed that premium gasoline only costs 20 cents more there. Around here, premium is always 30 cents higher at the low-cost stations and 40 cents higher at name brand stations. It could be because our premium is 93 octane. Just wondering which is more common?

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
What are you bitching about, I pay over 100 euros to fill up the vette ... which makes for 150$, give or take a couple of bucks.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you bitching about, I pay over 100 euros to fill up the vette ... which makes for 150$, give or take a couple of bucks.
:laughing: Yeah, but you get free healthcare. We pay out the ass for healthcare, and gas.

·
Registered
673 Posts
FYI

This is an example of one gas station charging over-inflated prices for gas. It is not $5 a gallon everywhere in DC. They should be ashamed of themselves nonetheless.

However since DC is the size of a postage stamp, anyone there can drive over the border to Maryland or Virginia and get their gas for under $4/gallon. Not that under $4 is anything to write home about, just saying there are very very close options to paying outrageous prices.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I say Hell ya, hit DC first, lol. 9.50$ a gallon here in Rio and they still have traffic problems. Goes to show you that just because the price of gas goes up, the Riff Raff are still on the roads.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yeah you may, but we have counties in some states that are as big as your whole country! When you live in such small countries and don't have to do lots of driving, it may not seem like such a big deal to you. Over here, with large commutes to and from work and such....it wears the wallet out really quick!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Yeah it's called the Valdez curse:devil:

The BP Oil Scam is under way as well

Phuck your country

While Record profits are to be had

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
Yeah you may, but we have counties in some states that are as big as your whole country! When you live in such small countries and don't have to do lots of driving, it may not seem like such a big deal to you. Over here, with large commutes to and from work and such....it wears the wallet out really quick!
I don't think you were referring to France, because France itself is pretty damn big. :laughing:

However, 91redragtop does have a point Fluffy........ Paris is what......33 square miles? Austin is 270 sq miles. Just driving from home to work (one way) for me is like driving across Paris for you, and I'm lucky, as that kind of short commute is a godsend. Try going to Houston, almost 600 square miles. Give me or anyone a 2 mile commute to and from work, or a couple more miles than that to get to anywhere in Austin and i'll glady pay $150 a tank. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
I hope your only home sick for the good old US of A. :thumbsup:
Yeah we're looking to address that, may be coming over for the first of june :D

I don't think you were referring to France, because France itself is pretty damn big. :laughing:

However, 91redragtop does have a point Fluffy........ Paris is what......33 square miles? Austin is 270 sq miles. Just driving from home to work (one way) for me is like driving across Paris for you, and I'm lucky, as that kind of short commute is a godsend. Try going to Houston, almost 600 square miles. Give me or anyone a 2 mile commute to and from work, or a couple more miles than that to get to anywhere in Austin and i'll glady pay $150 a tank. :laughing:
If I drive to work, it's a gas tank a week, with the Vette. So I take the train and drive once a week.

It's a 19 mile commute one way from my office to home. Take about an hour by train.

:cheers:

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
Yeah we're looking to address that, may be coming over for the first of june :D

If I drive to work, it's a gas tank a week, with the Vette. So I take the train and drive once a week.

It's a 19 mile commute one way from my office to home. Take about an hour by train.

:cheers:
Les Trains? What are those.? I've heard about them before, but i thought they were a myth or something. No such things as trains 'round here, here you either drive or ride the bus. Those are our only choices. :rolling:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts