Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy smokes, just read this. Pretty impressive to say the least.

Hi Guys,

The numbers are in. We just put the first Tune in and the numbers are:

506rwhp 457 rwtq

We are still testing and the car is still on the dyno. along with the tune we did simple match port on the intake manifold.

The complete package includes:
LG Motorsports G6X-4 cam
LG Pro Long TUbe Headers
K&N Air Charger
Match Ported intake
UD Pulley

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
This is a bit more than bolt ons and a tune - - - as such, the numbers are as one would expect.

·
Banned
118 Posts
This is a bit more than bolt ons and a tune - - - as such, the numbers are as one would expect.
I agree. It would be nice to see what each item gained, but they were many 2-3 things added at a time. The tune could have been done along but the intake was added and who knows when the pulley went on. It would be nice to end the debate on pulley HP, tune gains and intake ported as separate items once and for all, not as package deals.

Also, that cam must be massive, if even streetable (noted from their comments on the other forum).

·
Registered
65 Posts
LG Motorsport list the following:
G6X-4 Cam with is soppose to be middle of the road 2 more aggressive and 2 less aggressive plus
LG Pro Long Tube Headers
K&N Air Cleaner
Matched Ported Intake
UD Pulley

484rwhp 440 rwtq for just the same Cam, Headers, K&N Air Cleaner with stock optonal exhaust and no tune.

It was also mentioned that if you open the exhaust eariler instead of at 3500 RPM, the HP and Torque Curve would be flater than on the chart.

MTI a Corvette Tuner Dyno'd another 2008 Coupe that was stock with MN6, Z51, NPP Exhaust and it had only 6 miles on it and the numbers came out to 395.3 rwhp and 384.5 rwtq.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The new C6 430 hp stock vettes awesome.

The new LG setup does a hell of a job improving on it.

Way to go..

Crazy number both stock and modified!

·
Registered
477 Posts
LG Motorsport list the following:
G6X-4 Cam with is soppose to be middle of the road 2 more aggressive and 2 less aggressive plus
LG Pro Long Tube Headers
K&N Air Cleaner
Matched Ported Intake
UD Pulley

484rwhp 440 rwtq for just the same Cam, Headers, K&N Air Cleaner with stock optonal exhaust and no tune.

It was also mentioned that if you open the exhaust eariler instead of at 3500 RPM, the HP and Torque Curve would be flater than on the chart.

MTI a Corvette Tuner Dyno'd another 2008 Coupe that was stock with MN6, Z51, NPP Exhaust and it had only 6 miles on it and the numbers came out to 395.3 rwhp and 384.5 rwtq.
395rwhp!! w/Manual 13% loss that = 454 crank HP from the factory!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
When comparing to the LS2, most cars came out around 340rwhp. Which is much closer to a 15% loss than a 13% loss, which puts the MTI car at more like 465 at the crank. 30hp is a pretty substantial underrating.

I guess not to piss off the guys who just bought an 07 or the Z06 guys who paid 20k more for 40 more hp, bigger brakes and rubber, and some CF.

The A6 that Lou pulled though only had 370rwhp, which is definitely more in line. I thought the autos showed less, but not 19rwhp less if you go with Lou's 389.

I guess the manual had the upgraded exhaust and was broken in better, but still, that is a lot. I guess we'll know better as more '08s come through the line.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The A6 that Lou pulled though only had 370rwhp, which is definitely more in line. I thought the autos showed less, but not 19rwhp less if you go with Lou's 389.

I guess the manual had the upgraded exhaust and was broken in better, but still, that is a lot. I guess we'll know better as more '08s come through the line.
Had the A6 had the dual mode exhaust the numbers would have been closer. You also lose some hp reading through a torque converter. Add to that gearing difference which might effect readings with the 1.15 4th gear vs. the 1.0 in the manual. Although the manual with the 3.42 has overall lower gearing in 4th. Really kinda hard to accurately compare the two.

·
Registered
388 Posts
OK, so the LS3 can make some impressive numbers, but can the non-Z06 driveline handle the extra ponies/torque?

If it can, I know what many Corvette enthusiasts are thinking ('cause I'm thinking the same thing) - why not get a new base Vette ($40K from Rick C.), add Z51 and some LG Motorsport upgrades for the LS3 (probably $2500 for the headers, K&N intake, and tune) and you'll have a vehicle with near Z06 capability for less than $45K.

Kind of an enticing thought.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
We are seeing some good numbers with the entire LS series - - as to myself, I am going to break down and do a cam but only if someone makes a clutch that is worth spit.

400 to the wheels is easy with just a touch of work and for under 5K you can usually make 430-440 to the wheels.

Sad, the darn C4 clutch was very strong and the C5/6 units are junk . .

·
Registered
65 Posts
I still have not seem any track times yet on these LS3's, I just may have to take mine up and run it myself to see what 1 /4 mile time it will turn. I just hate to burn up these costly run flats.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Please take it to the track...I'm wondering how much the TM will effect the car now that it has much more torque stock than the LS2.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please take it to the track...I'm wondering how much the TM will effect the car now that it has much more torque stock than the LS2.
I know there is TM on MX0, but I did not thing there was any on a MN6 at least that was what one tuner told me..

·
Registered
277 Posts
I still have not seem any track times yet on these LS3's, I just may have to take mine up and run it myself to see what 1 /4 mile time it will turn. I just hate to burn up these costly run flats.
You won't hurt those tires taking it to the track one time. Lower the pressure to about 25-26 psi, do a good burn out and go for it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I guess I am going to have to go for it. I have just a little over 500 miles on the car now. The track is in Union Grove WI. which is a 1/2 hour away. The problem there is traction has alway been bad and especially with street tires and manual trans, it could be hard to pull some desent times. I know in the past, I had to op for starting in 2nd gear.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Best thing you can do is get those sh#t tires off of your car - - dangerous, slow, expensive : but great for a minivan, wife's car etc . . sucks on a Vette.

So burn them off before they bite you on the butt.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts