Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes! Just snagged a brand new never installed BBK 58mm throttle body from my buddy! Im really pumped to install it! Anyone else have this throttle body? Any thoughts?

Also looks like Im going to be picking myself up a CHEAP CHEAP intake mani to port match (get some practice with the dye grinder)

Everything is looking AWESOME so far except looks like the throttle cable might be too short... Any factory adjustments?

Thanks guys :D!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have one on my 383 but is wasted on a stock(ish ) engine.
You won't see any difference
Not looking for any difference now :D Its a supporting mod for whats to come soon... Blower ;) :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
question for you.. have u done anything else to your intake system. if u put the bbk 58mm on u wont gain anything as your intake system wont allow it to.. port the plenum and u will be fine.. me i went big.. got a dual 92mm t/b made for mine. but im in a different way of thinking then most... i have another 60mm throttle boddy for sale if anyone is interested

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
question for you.. have u done anything else to your intake system. if u put the bbk 58mm on u wont gain anything as your intake system wont allow it to.. port the plenum and u will be fine.. me i went big.. got a dual 92mm t/b made for mine. but im in a different way of thinking then most... i have another 60mm throttle boddy for sale if anyone is interested
Did you read my post?

And pics of the 92mm tb? Or I dont believe it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
ill take a few pics of the t/b and add them to my gallery tommorow.. have to take the intake offf for the procharger first...quick question for you though. are you giong to have the t/b painted along with the intake or just leave it the color it comes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
should have asked this in the last post...

are you going to be running with your cruise control. if not i have a new t/b arm for you ill sell real cheap.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill take a few pics of the t/b and add them to my gallery tommorow.. have to take the intake offf for the procharger first...quick question for you though. are you giong to have the t/b painted along with the intake or just leave it the color it comes?
My intake is black. I will be leaving the TB in raw aluminum.

·
Super Moderator
8,498 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
you'll also need to slightly cut the lip of the intake duct my stock item wouldn't quite fit..

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did this to my 85 some time ago and you will also need a digital multimeter with clips to adjust the throttle position sensor. I can look up the TPS voltage if you dont have a service manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts