Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Apparently they want you to purchase the multi-disk player directly from your dealer to keep the initial cost down.
I see it offered now as an option put I don't want to pull the interior apart to run the wires.

If it was offered as an option with the new vette I would have purchased it then (2009)

·
Registered
29 Posts
With the C6 player being able to play MP3 files, you really don't need a 6 CD player. I've put up to 14 albums with a total of 240 songs on one CD.

·
Registered
79 Posts
6 disc changer

The external 6 disc cd changer is easy to install on a navigation radio unit. It simply plugs into the XM harness that is above the driver side rear wheel hump. No wires to run back to the radio. The changer mounts in the driver side rear compartment. I bought one for my C6 for about $500 at a GM dealership (with my discount). All controls then work through the navigation radio display with visual display and control of the 6 cd,s. Works great. I am not sure if the changer plays MP3's or not. I know the radio does. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The external 6 disc cd changer is easy to install on a navigation radio unit. It simply plugs into the XM harness that is above the driver side rear wheel hump. No wires to run back to the radio. The changer mounts in the driver side rear compartment. I bought one for my C6 for about $500 at a GM dealership (with my discount). All controls then work through the navigation radio display with visual display and control of the 6 cd,s. It also plays mp3's. Works great.:laughing:
How much taking apart the vette was involved?

·
Registered
79 Posts
How much taking apart the vette was involved?
Basically all you have to do is pull back the carpet by the rear wheel hump, make your harness connections and fish the harness into the driver side rear compartment. Mounting the bracket involves drilling 4 holes in the compartment and install the deck. At this point, enjoy the music. You might want to check for certain if the cd changer plays MP3's or not. I know the radio plays MP3's. I only play cd's.

·
Registered
101 Posts
In a Vette you don't have much room to store cds, so I have downloaded all my music to my iphone and simply plug it into the auxillary jack whenever I drive the car. The music will then play through the car's stereo. An ipod works just as well.

08 c6 coupe in crystal red metallic, with body color brake calipers, front stainless steel grill, stainless steel side screens, body color full width spoiler, body color rear licence plate frame and body color door handles. Mods not shown in avatar.

Gentle in manner, strong in action!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts