Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got around to snapping a few pics of the top part of my 6 link setup after 1000 miles...

Mostly machined and welded parts....

I made the upper inner from 1"x1/2" wall DOM welded to 3/16 plate and gusseted with 1/8" along the axis of the link.

It was faced drilled and tapped 5/8-18.

I now stock most sizes and wall thicknesses of A513 DOM steel tube. 3/8 OD to 1.00 OD

The upper outer required a field modification... :laughing:

I cnc plasma cut the brackets then used my 1" DOM to make the fixture for the bolt... All 12 point flange head Aircraft bolts one side open and one side threaded for the bolts

I used a piece of 1/2" DOM to gusset the ears and made a tunnel from 1.125 od 0.065 wall tube to pass the brake lines through.

I have to add a bump stop since the stock one had to go to make room for the upper link.

As soon as the pics get approved I'll link them in :D

BTW' Ive had one lock nut loosen after the first few miles and after I retorqued it I have not had any other things loosen.

The strut rods are parallel and unequal length.

:partyon:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics

:thud:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This picture kind of worries me

Why?

I've already redesigned the part.. It was field modified to complete the project. I'll replace them over the winter with new CNC parts.. They are more than strong enough.

While your waiting for your license I'll put another couple of thousand miles on my car... :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts