Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Just put in a 3.73 rear gear in my Z06..

Best dam modification to date..

Cars always ready to pounce!

and with this six speed tranny...the car still cruises at such a low rpm...the car is awesome!

Remember fifth and sixth are huge overdrive gear ratios..

I've driven a buddy's C5 coupe heads and cam with 4.10s in the rear gear and it also is totally civilized.

6 speed trannys are a win win!

The CTS V series with the Z06 motor and Z06 M12 tranny are from the factory running 3.73 rear gear ratio...right from GM...

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
GM stated the CTS V series with the 400 hp LS6 and the 3.73's top out at 171 and thats with a vehicle weight of 3800 lbs. (if they do not produce the V series with 155 mph speed limiter to match the german competitors 155mph agreement for limiters.

STock top speed for the 405 hp z06 @ 3100lbs with stock 3.42 gears is ???? 169 to 175mph

Although I won't personally be testing top speed capability of the Z06 with 3.73 gearing I am under the impression because of its lighter weight and superior aerodynamics(of CTS V series) ..should equal or better the CTS V Series..

JMO

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
urbman said:
I don't know the perimeter of the CTS V's rear tires, but let's assume it's roughly the same than the Corvette has.
When GM states the CTS V's topspeed at 171 than this means the Caddy has the MM6 tranny with 5th 0.74:1. If you would combine the M12 of the Z06(5th 0.84:1) with the 3.73 axle, you would run into fuel shutoff at 6600rpm / 162mph.
So again (considering the much better aerodynamics of the Corvette and the rev range of the LS6) the overall drive ratio of the CTS V seems to me equaly perfect than the 3.42 of the LS1 Corvette.
Just to clarify the CTS V series has the M12 Z06 tranny yet more importantly...

Hotmotorsports...congrats on the gear upgrade..Its a blast!

Have fun with the 4.10's!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.