Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All

I am currently a Computer Animation student in Florida and have been an avid corvette lover ever since I can remember. So much so that I plan on creating a full CG model of my favorite, the '63 convertible.
The problem that I am running into a brick wall when searching for old blueprints. When I say blueprints, I mean simple orthographic views
(top, side, front & back).
Would any of you have an idea where I might obtain some of these.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I'll post a picture of my model here when its done.

Thanks
Pete

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
xPTCx said:
Good Day All

I am currently a Computer Animation student in Florida and have been an avid corvette lover ever since I can remember. So much so that I plan on creating a full CG model of my favorite, the '63 convertible.
The problem that I am running into a brick wall when searching for old blueprints. When I say blueprints, I mean simple orthographic views
(top, side, front & back).
Would any of you have an idea where I might obtain some of these.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I'll post a picture of my model here when its done.

Thanks
Pete
You need true orthographic? Hmmm. There are a ton of side/front pics in the gallery. But, I don't recall anything illustrated. I'll keep my eyes open for ya.
:D

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I searched Google with "63 Corvette convertible" and this and many more popped up. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks raid for the reply

But what I'm really looking for are orthographic views. I have a ton of referance photos for all of the detail work but need ortho views to get the overall proportions correct.

Pete

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
You might go to a bookstore (Borders, et al.) and look through the various books covering the older Corvette generations. I seem to recall seeing elevation drawings of the C2 prior to its release in a book.

good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have even gone to the extent of looking for old plastic models, with the hopes that there are drawings included for decal placement.
No luck as of yet, thanks for the suggestions.

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts