Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a replica of the 1963 Corvette Grand Sport racecar. Only 5 originals were built before GM told Zora Arkus-Duntov to cease and desist. The now defunct D & D Corvette in Akron, Ohio made the mold for the outer shell in the 1990's. The shell is sitting on a 4" tubular frame with a C4 suspension. I bought the car at Corvettes at Carlisle weekend in August 2019. At that time, it had a rebuilt LT1 engine modified with an aluminum intake and roller rockers, and a 700R4 4 speed automatic transmission with overdrive and a B&M shifter. During a 7 month make over in 2020, I bought the LS3 and 6 speed stick; Chevy Performance makes connect & cruise packages that come in a crate brand new. You pick an engine and mate it to your choice of transmission. Comes with complete wiring harness, computer, fuse box, alternator, clutch, shifter, etc. The car was stripped down, a lot of resin was added to fix floor cracks. Added a lot of dynamat insulation. The car had rack & pinion, but not power, so I added that. Also added an Ididit chrome tilt steering column, heater and ac. Lots of other stuff too, such as a new drive shaft, new motor mounts, new Dakota gauges. I didn't like the fuel cell and replaced it with a regular gas tank. This year, I decided to make it more one-off by having exhaust pipes coming out of the fenders instead of from underneath; I bought and cut up some longtube headers to make that happen. The guy I bought it from sealed up the trunk lid, and moved the gas filler tube from behind the passenger window to the middle of the rear lid. I am in the process of undoing that and restoring it to how the original Grand Sports looked. My engine bay is really cramped and numerous things have been moved several times to accommodate changes. Here's a pick of the engine bay. I don't like plastic fuel rail covers hiding the engine, so I had Katech made me some powder coated valve covers and I bought their ignition coil pack relocation kit, just like I did with my '05 Lingenfelter. I'll send the pic separately.

Reactions: CTYANK2

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, it won't let me post the pic; says it doesn't have an allowed extension; however, it's a jpg ext just like my first pic posted. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blue Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn impressive and IM sure expensive

as to posting pictures, IM not sure, most of my attempts to post pictures are blocked, also
Once I figured out how to get to a screen for me to enter my user name and password using my iPhone, it was easier to just select a pic from my phone's photo library than it was selecting the name of a pic on my laptop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts