Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 64 fuel injected car without the original engine. I have the chance to buy an original unit. What should the price be for a F.I. unit and distributor? How much will this help the value of my car? Any and all info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a 64 fuel injected car without the original engine. I have the chance to buy an original unit. What should the price be for a F.I. unit and distributor? How much will this help the value of my car? Any and all info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tony
hi, i have a 64 also. i saw one at a swap meet last year for $3600, seen a couple more on ebay for considerably more. i dont think it will help the value alot on a NOM car. is your car a driver?? those FI units are known to leak fuel into the engine after shutoff causing hydrolock on the next startup. those FI units have a cool WOW factor but for the price and trouble i dont think i would put one on my car. if you are going to buy make sure the dist drive, drive cable between dist. and FI pump, FI pump and the fuel spider under the plenum are all in good shape!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you can find one for $3,600. today, jump on it. :)

Costs have gone up.

A restored, running 64 unit with air cleaner could set you back between 8 to 10K. Chuck

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks
Tony
What makes it valueable....to some, is if the numbers match. The block is stamped with a number that matches the car. So if you buy a replacement, it will have a non-matching number, unless you have it ground down and stramped....which would probably be detectable.

Personally, I would drop in a fuel injected crate motor and enjoy the benefits of a modern motor that is a joy to drive. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts