Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Back in the days.... I had a C4 that I had modified extensively for the track. Put on Brembo calipers and rotors up front. $2500 in 1996, but they performed superbly compared to stock. But as I really started getting faster and abusing them more, I discovered that the rotors were incredibly expensive, pads were expensive, the master cylinder was too small to handle the increased volume (these were four piston calipers). And so the brakes became my nemesis on the car.

Sold the car to a friend (who destroyed it a month later) and bought a Z06. Put on PF01 pads for the track, and they performed beautifully. Of course, they dust like nobody's business and the sides and rear of the car would literally be black after a weekend. And they are very tough on rotors, so I ended up cracking several sets of OE rotors.

So, for track use, you get what you pay for. OE brakes are more than adequate for the street. If you are doing track events, start with some racing compound pads and see how you like them. Always have spare parts - spare pads, rotors, brake fluid, etc. to reduce problems.

Michael :buhbye:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,409 Posts
I think I'll stick with stock brakes for now.

B

·
0 Posts
Well, I just read that the Enzo's brake pads alone are $6000. The rotors and calipers....$24,000!!!!

Thats some serious bank!

B

·
0 Posts
You seem to forget that the Enzo is a $660,000 car "before" taxes so the $30K for the brake set up makes sense to me!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Patrick said:
Patrick,

Our company has Front and rear brake kits for the c5 for a fraction of that $6500.00 cost. Our 14" front kit is $1999.00 and the rear kit is $1799.00 = $3798.00 which is at least 1/3 less than baers kit. These kits are also direct bolt on kits.

If you have any questions about this please feel free to give me a call, p.m. me or shoot me an E-mail.

[email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
SC-Razor said:
I am sure it involved being a pain in the ass for someone:laughing:
:agree: :smack :smack :smack :smack :smack

Thats the best part though! As long as I am not the one on the recieving end of it.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I was going to say, "Probably hanging out there in the left lane, annoying the guy behind you":laughing:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
As my sainted mom, God rest her soul, used to say. "You live by the sword, you die by the sword"

That's just what it is big guy !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
Damn,this is a 3 year old thread..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts