Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to converting my 5/4/03 Corvette Challenge footage. This was my best run of the day: 13.60 @ 104mph. Not bad for street radials, pump gas, and a 37 year old Vette (not to mention my 3rd ever official drag run in my entire life!).


66 Grand Sport CC Run #3

Hoping to eliminate the 1st gear bog down next year and break into the 12's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
Awesome!
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,222 Posts
66 Grand Sport said:
Finally got around to converting my 5/4/03 Corvette Challenge footage. This was my best run of the day: 13.60 @ 104mph. Not bad for street radials, pump gas, and a 37 year old Vette (not to mention my 3rd ever official drag run in my entire life!).


66 Grand Sport CC Run #3

Hoping to eliminate the 1st gear bog down next year and break into the 12's
Hey... I know you.... met you at Byron... we have pics of our cars together....:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,348 Posts
2 words...

BAD ASS.

That car is awesome. That video got my heart racing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,151 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Exellent footage, I watched it several times
was that another 'vette you raced?? did you win??
DO IT AGAIN!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: 66 Grand Sport Corvette Challenge Cam

Patrick96LT4 said:
Hey... I know you.... met you at Byron... we have pics of our cars together....:thumbsup:
That be me! The pics of our cars came out great. I snagged them from this site since screen grabs from my video don't come out very well.

I wanted to get out to more CC drags this summer but wasn't able to. I'm hoping to better my time next summer. In the mean time, I'll post some fun video clips from the 5/4/03 CC drag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JCswm said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Exellent footage, I watched it several times
was that another 'vette you raced?? did you win??
DO IT AGAIN!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yeah, I ran against another CC C4. I would be able to specify by CC# which one but I put my drag slips away for safe keeping and I can't find them. :huh: So I guess they're safe!

Did I win? Sort of. That was the 1st round of the CC bracket race. My only other runs of the day (runs #1 & #2 lifetime) were 14.40ish & 14.30ish (remember, my drag slip are really safe), so I dialed in a 14.00 thinking I could overcome the engine bog by revving the RPMs up higher at the tree. If you look close at the video, you'll see I'm checking my RPMs as the tree is counting down. Needless to say, that was my worst reaction time of the day, but my best run. I did beat the other vette to the light but broke out at 13.60 (that one I know is accurate cause that's the number etched in my head to beat).

Either way, it was a blast. Next summer, I'm going for the 12's!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top