Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up everybody, I was recently looking at a car online, a 67 427 supposedly #'s matching and noticed it was way below what it should be, only 7k, I don't know if it's just that the guy doesn't know what he has, or if it has a lien or if it is just a scam? I was wondering if any of you classic car enthusiasts know if there are any special fees or fines I would be paying if I bought this car, maybe that is why it is so cheap, I don't know this would be my first collector and also if anyone knows of a way to look up a classic cars vin # please let me know, carfax only does 81' and newer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought at first

No, it's not rough at all, it's actually immaculate, of course I thought it was a scam at first but I've been emailing the guy for a couple days and asked him some trick questions like "is it a sting ray" and he actually wasn't sure, which everyone know's all c2's are stingrays, and I asked him to read me the rpo sticker or plate and he didn't know what I was talking about, so now I am leaning more towards he doesn't know what he has cause the place that is selling it mostly sells newer salvaged or damaged vehicles. Here's a Pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good One

:laughing: that was a good one, and you're probably right if it were a private party but like I said it is a lien company or one of those places that sells salvaged title cars. And yeah you probably are right...... if it seems too good to be true it probably is, but I'm gonna do all the research and see what the DMV says.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
You don't need a blue book. If it's not a scam (which it probably is) buy it ASAP.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
poudre said:
You don't need a blue book. If it's not a scam (which it probably is) buy it ASAP.
You're right, I don't need a blue book, I already got the "vette bible" the corvette black book.... damn that thing is so great, every enthusiast needs one it has been very helpful it will tell you everything you ever wanted to know when buying a classic vette or a new one, and which one's are rare. And I wasn't gonna look up the value of it cause I already know it's way underpriced, I wanted to look up the vin like a carfax report to see if there's any liens unpaid fines that would be passed on to me, maybe that's why it would be so cheap or if the guy selling it is even the registered owner like he says he is.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
It should be priced at AT LEAST 70K (probably even double that).. I guess it's a scam:(.. Maybe send an email with a request to come overlook the car in real life, if he answers like 'sure, but it's in Italy but I'll pay shipping'.. it's a scam!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts