Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I find out what options came with my 69 Corvette. Power options, exterior and interior color, motor size big or small block etc?

·
Registered
118 Posts
How do I find out what options came with my 69 Corvette. Power options, exterior and interior color, motor size big or small block etc?
If you still have the original tank you could find the build sheet glued to the front of it. I don`t know if it`s possible to reach it without lifting the body or dropping the tank. As far as I know all c3 (and c1\c2s?) had the build sheet glued to the tank, but a previous owner could have taken it as a trophy or it may have fallen of after 42 years (or is it 43?). If it`s still there it could also be unreadable. If you don`t find the build sheet here, you can tell if it`s the original tank by looking for some yellow glue where the build sheet was. I really doubt anyone has ever glue the old build sheet to a new tank.

Interior and exterior colours can be found riveted to the body in front of the door. English is not my first language so I don`t know if this place has a name, but it`s in front of the door when it is closed and you can easily see it by opening the door.

I believe only big blocks had rear sway bars, but these could easily have been installed earlier as an upgrade. And i think big blocks had stiffer front sway bars. Big blocks had stiffer front springs originally, but I don`t know if it`s possible to tell one from the other. A quick google search tells me the stock u joint are different. The small blocks had straps and the big block had caps (don`t know what the difference is, found it on google).

You might find this helpful:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/infosearch/buildsheets.html

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
You probably cannot know for certain without original GM documentation for your car -- a copy of the original order form, window sticker, dealer invoice, Protecto-Plate, etc.

You may or may not find the tank sticker. After 40+ years, nothing may be there or could be illegible.

The Corvette Black Book and other sources list the options which were available on the 69s. You could compare the list to what you find on the car. The assembly instruction manual (AIM) shows the factory installation of the options and is sometimes helpful in determining whether you car has/had specific options.

Rick Bizzoco's book is an excellent source for 69s:
http://www.cranescorvette.com/1969_stingray_guidebook.htm

Dr. Dobbins' guide is a good photo-reference:

:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts