Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This trans is about to go into the vette and out comes the th400. I just noticed the driveshaft on the vette compared to the one I had with the '86 camaro it seems small. Well , just thinking about what I'm going to need for the swap. The 498 is still at the machine shop but should be home in about a month and want to have the 700r4 up bolted on to measure the driveshaft length. The stall will be a bit to much for the 350 stockish engine it's gone now but should be livable until I get the big block in. I am probably going with a mega shifter , see how I fab it into the vette's console.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to ask, I measured and figured the driveshaft to be cut to 26.5" . Does that seem about right? Anyone that has the swap please chime in . :cool: Also I miscalculated where the new mounting pad should be and need to do some further work to remedy the mishap as you can see by the pic on the crossmember. :eek: The transmission seems to be more towards the driver side of the tunnel and appears that the driveshaft would hit the tunnel. So also what I am thinking of doing is using the original 700r4 trans mount(one bolt only) and on the new plate that I am going to add make the hole offset to correct "misalignment" of the transmission.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts