Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what thread are the bolts that hold the rear mount to the gearbox on 700r4 trany thanx herriot

·
Registered
226 Posts
can anyone tell me what thread are the bolts that hold the rear mount to the gearbox on 700r4 trany thanx herriot
M10x1.5 (assuming you are referring to the threads that hold the tail housing on, as that is the mount on any c4 vette).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gearbox mount

thanx man i wasnt refering to the tailshaft but the rubber mounting,but they are m10 x 1.5 as well.the mix of unc unf and metric threads is great fun .

·
Registered
181 Posts
You must have a 700r4 in a c3 because C4s do not have a traditional rubber tranny mount. They have a C channel that uses long bolts to clamp it to the tailshaft housing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must have a 700r4 in a c3 because C4s do not have a traditional rubber tranny mount. They have a C channel that uses long bolts to clamp it to the tailshaft housing.
the gearbox came from gearstar with a traditional rubber tranny mount but no bolts to hold on the mount. its going into a 38 chevy rod .i was surprised to find the threads were metric thanx

·
Registered
226 Posts
the gearbox came from gearstar with a traditional rubber tranny mount but no bolts to hold on the mount. its going into a 38 chevy rod .i was surprised to find the threads were metric thanx
There are only 2 threaded holes I am aware of on a 700r4. That is the NPT (pipe thread) for the brass adapters for the trans cooler lines.
All others are metric.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts