Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to remove the two upper bolts that mount the hinge underneath and behind the body lip?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
These bolts are unbelievably tough to get out/in. I have a 1970 roadster and feel your pain. What I did was purchase a cheap wrench, heated the end and bent it to a shape I thought would work. It did work but it was slow going, 1/8 of a turn at a time, took like two hours to get those two bolts installed.

Best of luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These bolts are unbelievably tough to get out/in. I have a 1970 roadster and feel your pain. What I did was purchase a cheap wrench, heated the end and bent it to a shape I thought would work. It did work but it was slow going, 1/8 of a turn at a time, took like two hours to get those two bolts installed.

Best of luck
Thanks, After slowly removing the bolts closest to the center of the car with an offset box wrench (1/8 turn at a time) I was dead in the water until a neighbor (who is also a gear head) asked if I had tried a distributor wrench. I tried the old one I used to use on my '64 GTO which is 1/2' and it worked beautifully but still 1/8 turn at a time.

I ended up having to cut off both of the rear body bolts from the inside because everything in the depression under the hinges was so rusty but the body is finally off.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts