Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

301 - 320 of 337 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Hoo yea!!!! Congrats! :cheers:

Sounds great............... really great!!! Talk about motivation, that should keep you at it for awhile. Has Dad heard it yet?

By the way, if you soften the fuel lines (just a little) with a heat gun they go right on. Tip: Try it on a sample a time or two until you get the hang of how much heat to apply. At first you will likely give it too much.
Thanks 7t,
I sent dad a short video after I started it and he was there in a flash! He's stoked too.
I'll try heat next time. I like the vinyl fuel line. Pulled my hair out with ni-copp trying to get it over the rear torque box, just wasn't gonna happen. So I put the rear fuel fitting on the vinyl tube first and pulled it thru, then put the front fitting on as it was a black 45 and went on fine with the Dorman gun. Then I promptly kinked the line putting it back in place ...spastic attack, like when you sneeze, so I cut the sob back and used a splice with a line/fitting kit from the parts house. It had enough tube on it and worked out perfect. No leaks exe the push-lok at the fuel rail. Same fitting on the other end of the same hose is fine. I think I may have squeezed the clamp on it a bit too tight. I have all fittings and joints where they're easily accessible. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Hell yeah!!!!

I figured this was better than the standard "It's Alive!!!"

I didn't make it to the swap meet...- maybe February.

Keep at it man-

Richard
:smack How the hell do you find all this stuff! Shouldn't you be working on a v12 corvette? :laughing:

You should def come to the feb swap meet. Nov was completely packed with vendors and cars. Some really cool cars too, didn't even take pics. Dad and I walked it for about two hours pretty fast, he didn't miss a beat.
Bring money... Nice 348tb there for cheap etc...

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
"Hell Yeah!" is right! Feels great. Glad I was able to see that. It made my day! :thumbsup:
Thanks AG, it damn sure felt good. :thumbsup:
I can't wait to feel that clutch working well. Got a motive power bleeder to see if that helps, wondering if I should use it reversed. Push the fluid up instead, Got a bubble in the supply hose that won't come out. Doesn't affect the master I know but it bugs me. Should have used a black hose then I wouldn't see it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
when you threw your arms up in the air, it made me smile. HELL, YEA! Good for you! I know you have put a lot into it to get it this far, but you can't buy that feeling you had right there.
totally worth it.
Good job.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
For any LS1/GTO guys, or anyone with a top mount LS1 power steering reservoir. The large supply hose from the reservoir to the steering pump is NLA from the manufacturer. Search for a new old stock came up empty.

But I found this generic PS return hose at Advance Auto Parts/Car Quest...

Cut to fit and it works perfect! $10 :partyon:

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
A day that's been a long time coming!

Man this was ecstasy... Took Celia for a ride!

Then Geoff...

Called Dad to come earlier today, to go for the first ride. He was beside himself, said "I think that's the fastest thing I've ever been in!". It probably wasn't, the open exhaust manifolds add a lot of excitement.
Damn great day!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Super ! This is what keeps guys like me that have been "in process" for years heading to the garage every day...

·
Registered
181 Posts
sounds great and loved the smile , its such a great feeling to get to that stage :partyon:

I thought I could hear the cable -x when you were backing out of your shed.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
sounds great and loved the smile , its such a great feeling to get to that stage :partyon:

I thought I could hear the cable -x when you were backing out of your shed.
That was the power steering pump, I haven't bled it yet. I hope the cable-x isn't that loud! :surprised ( have it disconnected )

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
:agree:

I couldn't have said that any better!!!!
Hey Richard, what gives man? I've been dying to see that v12 vette screaming down the road. Haven't seen an update in a while, have you slowed down on it?
Thought about you a few days ago, I saw a c3 with a merc v12 and it hit me, "man Richard hasn't been on the forum much lately". Give us some fresh pics! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Hood opening questions

Man I know I haven't been updating this thread very well lately. Seven years on the same damn project takes a lot out of you. I'm tired, but have to push through. I wasn't planning and in fact I had insisted that I wouldn't paint this car, would have shaved a couple years off the time, but here I am.

Here's my question, the ledge on the hood opening near the front on the driver side has been cut off on my car. It's about where the hood prop would fold up. I suspect that a PO did this for clearance for the hood prop. But the car has been apart for a few years now and short of bolting the hood back on and checking I wanted to ask you guys. Have any of you seen a car that needed this? Before I go to the trouble to re-glass this and make a repair that I may have to cut right back off (wouldn't be the first time) I'd rather know if it's a common thing to cut it off. Can't help water drainage though...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Neither the 1970 I have nor the 1978 I'm currently working on have had that removed. Can you tell if it was cut or if it was broken? Something very similar was done to a friends car when he had a supercharger installed.

Glass it back in..... My $.02

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Thanks 7T,
Pretty sure it was cut off. And a nice, finished job of it as well. I'll put it back on. Hey, it could be that it broke first and the po cut it off to make it look nice.

Anyone remember who the forum member was that put pneumatic hood shocks on their c3? I have to do some major glasswork to the hood anyway and I can add some additional strength for it.

301 - 320 of 337 Posts