Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

121 - 140 of 342 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
It's only money..... And you're sending your kid off to school in a BMW? I gave my son my old 535- but didn't fix the AC for him....

How do you tear up a reverse gear?

Richard
Well, you know it's a 26yr old BMW :lookinup:

Yea, reverse! How do you do that? :huh:Being the tailhousing was cracked and re-welded, there's no telling...

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Look in the lower right hand corner-

Click on the center image- a arrow pointing right

Box comes up-

Click on BBCode

Then you'll see a drop down to pic image size-
Below that is the link-

Completely logical.....:smack
Richard

Sometimes I wonder if they do this to make you spend more time on their site... :nuts:

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Thanks for the flikr help Richard, I could've spent another hour and still missed that... :thumbsup:

Here are a few pics.

IMG_0667 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_0671 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_0674 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_0690 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_0700 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_0736 by slofut1, on Flickr

Decklid back on weatherstrips back on driver door and deck.

IMG_0704 by slofut1, on Flickr

And passenger door off and apart.

IMG_0732 by slofut1, on Flickr

And it looks like I'm going to have to replace the gear on this side too...

IMG_0727 by slofut1, on Flickr

Glad I had those big regulator rivets made!

IMG_0729 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_0730 by slofut1, on Flickr

See, I haven't been just fartin' around! :smack

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Your deck came out much better than new. Do ya think you should slop some tar on it to make it look more factory?:smack Man, that sure came out sweet looking! Your attention to detail, and the effort involved to get it looking so perfect certainly show in this piece! Digging this build bro! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Your deck came out much better than new. Do ya think you should slop some tar on it to make it look more factory?:smack Man, that sure came out sweet looking! Your attention to detail, and the effort involved to get it looking so perfect certainly show in this piece! Digging this build bro! :thumbsup:
Thanks Pat,
I did take some before pics, I could even slop the tar on it exactly like the factory! :thud:

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Hey guys,
I need to cut the trans tunnel for the T56 shifter. I'd prefer to do it before I get the tranny/motor in the car, and I want to go ahead and get the carpet back in.
Anyone have a really good closeup pic of the area after trimming, or any measurements?
I suppose the tail and shifter is pretty much in the center of the tunnel. So just enlarge the present hole (automatic) towards the center? Like the the shifter lid etc...? Looks like it's a little further rearwards? Don't want it any bigger than it has to be, and I'll make a cover to go on when done.

Can I do this before getting the trans in the car?

:huh:

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
Wow, awesome Richard! Many thanks! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hey, I just went through your website link (very nicely done btw, just like your car) and I have a couple questions.
Using the xmember from Josh, do you think I'll have to remove that battery cable clamp stud? And I'm thinking, If I wanted to be able to pull the shifter assembly including the top plate without pulling the trans, I could cut a rectangular hole in the tunnel instead of a smaller round one to allow clearance. Do you think this is feasible? Or any reason why or why not?

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
If the trans is back from the rebuild shop? You're getting close to dropping the motor in??? Exciting stuff, huge milestone.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
If the trans is back from the rebuild shop? You're getting close to dropping the motor in??? Exciting stuff, huge milestone.
Hell yea, I'm stoked!
Got some work done yesterday...

Finally trimmed the pass side!

IMG_0882 by slofut1, on Flickr

Clearanced the pass side for the c5 seat.

IMG_0883 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_0885 by slofut1, on Flickr

Changed the interior lite plate,

IMG_0888 by slofut1, on Flickr

Quicker to trim this one than blast and paint the old one

IMG_0890 by slofut1, on Flickr

Heat shield! Man this feels better than taking something apart...

IMG_0893 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_0895 by slofut1, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
You wouldn't think this would take so long... Did the rear last Sat, the rest yesterday, about 10hrs all total including cleaning and misc prep etc...

IMG_0930 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_0931 by slofut1, on Flickr

Carpet has a hard plastic backing, and feels kinda thin in total, I'll have to wait for a 95 degree day to do this job. No way it'll go in until it's heated.

IMG_0932 by slofut1, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I know I should've waited on carpet till I had the tranny in, but I had to see some kind of dramatic change here. It's been looking apart far too long! I can work around it. Got a clutch coming so it won't be long until I can bolt the motor/trans up and get it in the car! There again, I may get the clutch before I get a sunny day, so I may get the motor in before carpet anyway. Man I can't wait, finally moving along.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
When a build gets this far along It leaves me feeling like a kid in a candy store!
Yea, I'm gettin' that tingly feeling. Although, since I just now looked through your thread again, I realize how much has to be done after getting the motor in! :thud:

Two questions for you though, Is it hard to put the wiring harness on the motor after it's in rather than before, looks like those rear bolts might be hard to access. (haven't got my computer and harness done yet) And Do you have a part number for the 3 wire eng temp sensor you used?

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
WOW!!! You have been busy......

The interior is coming along well. Yes, there is lots to do once the motor is in. On the other hand, the rewards are worth it.

Keep at it.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Hot Damn!! It's in!

Check it out guys!!

IMG_0997 by slofut1, on Flickr

Got tired of seeing the motor on the floor.

IMG_1004 by slofut1, on Flickr

Big lump to fit in such a small hole!

IMG_1002 by slofut1, on Flickr

Looks right at home!

IMG_1008 by slofut1, on Flickr

IMG_1007 by slofut1, on Flickr

Wow,
This is a milestone for me. Feels good! Clearance is good at the evaporator box, but I'm all the way to the front of the trans crossmember holes. And the tailhousing holes don't line up with the red poly mount holes I got from Summit. I'll look it over tomorrow. Also, the top of the tailhousing is pretty much up against the floor at the shifter box, so I gotta figure that out. Hoping the stainless gto headers might fit, I'll know tomorrow. If they don't I'll have a damn nice set of Kooks signature headers for sale!

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

Congrats on getting the motor in. A huge milestone.

They do look good in there don't they. Exciting.........

Looks like it has a white patch over one eye. :rolling:

121 - 140 of 342 Posts