Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
got a 71 LT-1 with all stock everything. Love the look of Jays 79 with the 20" TT IIs on it. I love it. So can I do it without mods. do not want to mod my trailing arms. I want the tall wheels, if I can't get 20" what will work smaller in height?? I like the low profile tires. thanks for the feed back..
Don

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
As long as you get the correct offset, you can run 20's. Make sure you maintain the current overall tire height so you don't end up with speedometer inaccuracy issues.

Also, 20" wheels show a lot of "behind the wheel". Now'd be a good time to spruce up your brake rotors/calipers.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
hey man. The rim diameter isn't as much of a limiting factor as width. If you want to go 20x8 you should be just fine. I would imagine you could go as big as 20x10 with stock trailing arms with the appropriate backspacing to keep them inside your fenders.

your best bet is to stop by a wheel and tire shop and ask if you can try a wheel or two of that size. Might cost you a couple bucks to have 'em mounted, but you'll have real piece of mind before ordering your set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that makes sense, That is a good question to all what is the maximum width that I can go on the wheel size if I go with 20"H without having to modify my trailing arms, or for that matter any mods.

·
Registered
7 Posts
20by8's with a 4"backspacing will work. I have a set of TT2's in 20" diameter. If you were in the Bay Area I would've let you test fit them to see how they look on your car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Buffallo, NY?

I'd be worried about bending rims. I live in CT and bent the h*ll out of the 18s on my Audi. Swapped down to 17's and I still bent two of them.

I have 17 TTII's on my vette and they are nice. I dont drive all that much so I dont worry about them too much. I must say though, I put on the stock 15's for an alignment.... what a smooth ride over the 17's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts