Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the cheapest way to get a straight 73' Corvette body?

I ask this because I am planning out my Vette/Opel project and don't see the point in spending 10-15K for a complete car in good shape when I only need the complete body.

I plan on having the same exterior/interior scheme (or at least as close as possible) for the two, so it will be like Vette and mini Vette, lol. I have the 73' Opel GT already, and its stripped down and going to the shop for body work. I don't know how soon I'll be able to afford the Vette body, but I'm on the lookout in the meanwhile.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I supposed you could "piece one together" from places like Ecklers and other Vette body sources. Could cost MORE than buying a Vette with no engine and trans. :surprised

·
Registered
183 Posts
Much, much cheaper to find a roller with a good body than it would be to piece one together. There are 73's to be had for reasonable prices. Cool project. I had an 71 Opel GT back in 72 and 73. Great little car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I probably spent around a grand getting both of mine as rollers, with spare parts included. Check local want ads, they are your friends :D

of course, Ill probably spend more restoring the two of them than I would have going out and buying two running ones :laughing:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Miskatonic: would you be interested in a chrome bumper '72? See the pics under my name. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
If hes not, Im just crazy enough to ask... how much? :devil:

·
Registered
966 Posts
If hes not, Im just crazy enough to ask... how much? :devil:
Well I can tyell you right now it's missing engine, transmission and a lot of other stuff that would make it "streetable". So it would cost big $$$ to get it streetable again. I put in a T&T steering column and converted the pedals from auto to stick. Gimme a little time to give you a price. :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
I don't under stand what it is your doing and why!:thud:

what is the Opel look like?
Are you in Germany?

If it's to be a mini vette what do you need a body for?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Well I can tyell you right now it's missing engine, transmission and a lot of other stuff that would make it "streetable". So it would cost big $$$ to get it streetable again. I put in a T&T steering column and converted the pedals from auto to stick. Gimme a little time to give you a price. :)
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
493 Posts
All those things are fine with me DJ. You say it will take alot of money and time, and I just smile and grin and go 'I know :devil: ' Just drop me a line whenever, if Misk doesnt take it (given that he was offered first).

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I'll take it for $500

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey yellow, the lines back here :laughing: In all seriousness though, DJ I dont think youll have to wait long for a taker. If Misk doesnt want it, me an yellow72sb might end up indian wrestling for it lol

·
Registered
966 Posts
Whats up DJ Dep, you got another project in the making?
Not really. The car is in storage and I don't know when I'll get a garage built for it. Costing me $130 a month for storage right now. I hate to see it go to waste. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't under stand what it is your doing and why!
Two separate cars. Opel GT's are commonly thought of as mini Corvette's as far as body style is concerned. I'd be restoring two cars that would have identical paint schemes, interior schemes, and whatever else I can think of.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nothin goes to waste around here lol You say 'project car' and the line goes around the building :laughing:

·
Registered
966 Posts
$550. I got a garage. I'm only a few hours away. Call me, big boy!
Are you talkin to me??? :laughing: :laughing:

Kinda hard to figure exactly what to ask. I paid $22,000. Right now it is less motor and trans and miscellaneous odds and ends. But I wouldn't sell it for $550. I'd BURN it or push it off a mountain before I'd sell it for that :D With motor and trans I know I could get a good chunk of change for it. I dunno...hard to estimate what it's worth. But $550 wouldn't get the garage door opened :D
Plus I got a lot of big block parts to go with it. Fan and pulleys (try finding THEM), manifolds, Hooker Super Comp headers with BIG tubes, Mickey Thompson aluminum valve covers, etc.

Dep

1 - 20 of 20 Posts