Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I have the car over 3/4 the way primed and only have the t-tops and bumpers left to prime and block sand. Anyone out there doing any restore or repaint should use a product by evercoat called slick sand. This is the greatest epoxy primer I have ever used, it hardly has any overspray and it sets up in 2 hrs to sand. My concern was how tough this stuff would be to wet sand but the extra elbow grease is well worth the results. This primer is a high build/fill primer too, I had areas on the car that I used gel-coat safe paint stripper on and it blended the bare fiberglass and high build paint areas great. Was wondering if anyone else has used the product? I have upload more pics of my project in my gallery let me know what you think! :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
mytoy74 said:
well, I have the car over 3/4 the way primed and only have the t-tops and bumpers left to prime and block sand. Anyone out there doing any restore or repaint should use a product by evercoat called slick sand. This is the greatest epoxy primer I have ever used, it hardly has any overspray and it sets up in 2 hrs to sand. My concern was how tough this stuff would be to wet sand but the extra elbow grease is well worth the results. This primer is a high build/fill primer too, I had areas on the car that I used gel-coat safe paint stripper on and it blended the bare fiberglass and high build paint areas great. Was wondering if anyone else has used the product? I have upload more pics of my project in my gallery let me know what you think! :thumbsup:
Ah.... this reminds me of when I used to be a body-work junky (before I got into Vettes). I loved block sanding a car until it was perfect, then dumping some House of Color Urethane into the HPLV gun...... I painted 5 or 6 cars, did one scalloped truck and a flamed Harley (tanks and fenders).

I'll go to the gallery and approve your pics, I have to check them out!

·
Registered
84 Posts
No I haven't but I will now thanks for the tip nice gallery pictures you have been very busy losing sleep, time with the family, tired at work, lack of money oh wait a minute thats me .

Happy Vetting the reward will be great all in time

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Great job and tip mytoy74, you have gotten farther than me, but I haven't worked on mine in a while...looks like I have some "stuff" to do this weekend :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts