Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a 74 that I bought without an engine. It has sat for 2 years as i discovered it needed more than just an engine. So I found another. It needs some TLC, but it runs. I hope to be able to cruise locally this summer. This is my first running Corvette. I am looking forward to driving it.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
That's very cool. A running driving Corvette is a lot of fun even before you start making changes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to DC.

Is that a John Deere in the garage?
Yes, it is my lawn tractor. It has a snow blade, but doesn't work very well with more than about 2-3 inches of snow. I try to keep it out of my garage and in the basement with my other tools. You have good eyes.

I previously bought a 74 with no motor. It turned out to be more of a project than I expected. For now it will provide parts until I get this one up to speed.

It was a base engine 4-speed car with air conditioning, white with beige interior. I like the green better, but will probably repaint it one day.

Can anybody tell me if side mirrors were standard? I suspect that just the drivers was standard. The PO removed the passenger side and filled the hole somehow. The driver's side has a bunch of holes filled and a bracket is all that is left screwed on the bare fiberglass.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Great looking car! The passenger side mirror was not standard. Here is a passenger side pic of a '74 that I bought in 1976. I think this picture was taken that year. I'm not positive, but I think the wheels on your car are not from a '74. I think those wheels started in about 1978. Good luck with the project, and have fun driving it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not positive, but I think the wheels on your car are not from a '74. I think those wheels started in about 1978.
You are right in that these wheels don't match the car. I understand that in 74 they tried to make a batch but they had flaws and so they went back to the drawing board. There is a rumor that 4 sets escaped teh factory. Who knows.?. I have a set of rally wheels as well. The rally wheels have better tires on them so I am going to change over to them for now. The slotted mags came with it and I think I like them better so I may put new tires on them and keep them. I found that the car had 3 different size tires on it.

Interior including the leather seats was sprayed with vinyl spray.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope you get it sorted out for summer.
Nice garage! :cheers:
Thanks, I am still finishing the inside. It is wonderful to have space, but I find that I just fill it up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice car! To me a C-3 is always a work in progress. I've been restoring mine for the last few years while still going to car shows. Enjoy it! The weather is about to break...............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts