Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a '74 a few months back and currently repairing and correcting all of the previous repairs...

The car had the normal '80 model rear bumper with the small turned up spoiler..

I purchased the "Tru-Flex" with simulated seam for the '74...

Now the question...I did not realize 74's had a different way of mounting the tail light lenses...I cannot find anything on what they mount on or in...I don't have and 74's in my area to look at. I have checked every magazine and website and I find tail lights...but no bracket or bucket to mount them in.....I am lost and confused....Thanks...

Chris...

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
There are (2) fiberglass press molded brackets that are rivited to the rear upper surround. each bracket (for the lights) has the 2 holes with each with 2 mounting holes. The '74 lights have "studs" with nuts mounted on the back side. If you are planning of re-using the lights you have they will not work. I am assuming that they have the screw holes thru the lenses

You can buy these brackets from Ecklers, Mid America, Paragon etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, was looking to replace the lenses with correct 74's... I new there was some sort of bracket or bucket just have had no luck locating it. Will check Eckler's...Thanks again...

Chris

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Purchase the 74 assembly instruction manual (AIM). It has diagrams of the brackets you need, how they mount, how the tail lights mount through the bumper cover, and lists the original GM part numbers for everything you need. You will use the AIM for more than just the tail lights.

The 74 brackets are one year only for 74.

:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts