Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get the small plastic retainers that secure the hood induction flap in place. It should have 3 but mine only has the 2 outer ones and is missing the one in the middle of the flap. This is causing it to jam and not open fully.

TIA.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well after being told by an 'expert' at Ecklers that no cold air induction system was ever fitted as standard to any corvette, I decided to make myself a clip.

Now have the flap operating correctly. Opens almost 90 deg!

Still looking for an original clip though....:thumbsup:

·
Banned
125 Posts
I have an old 73 hood out back and I'll look and see if it has on eon it.If it doesnt I'll see if I can find the original GM# if that will make the hunt any easier.

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
i have a rag stuck in mine to keep it open all the time. Too much work to take the door off.

For me some things are just too much trouble to keep up for what they do.

·
Banned
125 Posts
For me some things are just too much trouble to keep up for what they do.
I have to agree with that.
Jotto-My old busted up hood didnt have any left on it.I have a nice used 73 hood but I wont break it up.I got a better look at it and see those 3 clips are plastic.Doubt if they could be removed without breaking them.I cant see why you couldnt put a plastic zip tie around it adjusted just right and do the job-since you cant really see it.
I'll bet if you go to a swap meet someone will have a whole box of them and not know what they are..They are called a "Retainer"

Group# 3.415
Part# 3955227
List $.79

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are called a "Retainer"

Group# 3.415
Part# 3955227
List $.79
Retainer as per my first post....the part # is that GM? at $0.79 sounds like a steal! Went to GM parts direct for a look...is that the same place you guys use?

·
Banned
125 Posts
Retainer as per my first post....the part # is that GM? at $0.79 sounds like a steal! Went to GM parts direct for a look...is that the same place you guys use?
I didnt mean you didnt know what it was.I was just giving you exactly what it said in the GM Parts and Illustration Catalog from Dec.1983.Sometimes GM calls things odd names like the door (or the flap as you called it) they refer to as "valve".I just thought if you were going on a hunt it might help to have the "GM termonoligy" just in case you stumble onto something.Good Luck

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt mean you didnt know what it was.I was just giving you exactly what it said in the GM Parts and Illustration Catalog from Dec.1983.Sometimes GM calls things odd names like the door (or the flap as you called it) they refer to as "valve".I just thought if you were going on a hunt it might help to have the "GM termonoligy" just in case you stumble onto something.Good Luck
Sorry Bud! just re read my last post and it sounds like I was having a pop...lol, not so...just making sure I got it correct!

Thanks for the feedback...this illustrated catalog, is it available for download anywhere? Would be great for reference...

Will most GM dealers be able to order in these retainers for me? may try my luck at a local ( UK ) based dealer...failing that will just pay the $$$ and order them stateside!

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts