Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone suggested I put up a more detailed thread about the car. well you don't have to ask me twice. :D

The car was bought from Washington state for $3000 , it ran but not so good. Took a road trip up there from Az with a friend and brought it back.
soon after it was home I tore it apart and with a little help pulled the body.

I bought an S&W racecars 4 link kit and modified the stripped frame. I also welded all the seams , boxed the motor mount horns and gusseted stressed areas.

for the front I used VBP mono shock front end and there A arms with aerospace brake omponents.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
cool, thanks for posting! What about engine specs?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear is a ford 9 inch I got from a junk yard. I narrowed it and am using strange 31 spline axles

The whole thing is rolling on Weld ProStar wheels. 15x 3 in the front and 15x 14 in the rear. I am using M/T sportsman tires front and rear. I ctually chose them because I knew the project was going to take a long time and something softer would break down before it ever hit the road.

The engine is a stock block 2 bolt main 454 I bought of the net.

I had it machined for splayed 4 bolt mains and bored 30 over. I prepped the block and added a SCAT 4.25 Pro Lightweight crank, SCAT H beam rods, Ross 7.5 -1 forged pistons, Isky solid roller cam and Isky valve train.

I added a weiand 871 supercharger topped with a set of prosystems 850 CFM holley blower carbs.

put it all on top of some ported Pro Comp aluminum heads, with the usual hot rod accessory's

I then droped the body on so I can start making the roll cage.

thats about what I am up to on this car. I will be pulling it all apart again in the next couple months to make some places for the roll cage to mount and reinforce the frame some more. i also have to finish up the rest of the drive train..
Thanks for letting me preen.
Greg

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
That is freaking awesome!!!! How much did you have to cut the back of the car for those huge rollers? I love it. Also very nice bug in the background of your pics.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Any new progress? Last pics I saw were of a large plate welded on the kickup area. Looking good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its been kind of stalled. i needed to build a new engine for my 65 and have been working on an APS//BG bike for bonniville. soon as the bike is done I'll get back to the 75.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
That is looking GREAT. Going to one bad mofo

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Holy crap!

I can't wait to hear that baby, and maybe see a video or two.

·
Registered
635 Posts
That baby has some serious meat on the back and killer goodies where the hood used to be! Great looking Vette. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts