Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I started a journey of taking my '75 L48 4 speed to pieces and throwing in an LT1 from a '92 corvette along with the 6 speed. This is something that I have never done before. I started the project back in November of '21. I have certainly not gotten as far as I wanted to by this point, but you know...day job intervenes. Anyway, this is a very abnormal swap, given that a lot of people don't think highly of the LT1. Personally, I had a '94 Vette about 15 years ago and I LOVED the sound, had okay power and just the aesthetics of the engine are really awesome to me. So, I am slamming it into my C3, which my car has a lot of sentimental value to me. My goal is to get it in and over the next few years try to mark off all 50 states with it. I'll keep a running update here in case people are interested or bored. I am recording the journey as well, here is my latest vid and the first vid if you have questions or you can watch how I am tackling a few of the issues. I have a lot of questions and these forums have always been so amazing at helping me out over the last 20 years. so I wanted to log my headaches and successes and try to help whomever needs it out. Additionally, I am running into issues and I will need some guidance.
Latest Video

First Video of the Journey

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Watched the vids. Down to the frame now that’s ambitious when your done you will know every nut and bolt. The amount of pride you will have in that car when you say I did that. Amazing. Welcome to DC fellow corvette lover.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
It’s been awhile was just thinking how you were getting along. New wiring a big plus. Vintage air cool. Fiberglass work no Bueno. Wax paper nice idea but fiberglass sucks. Stay in touch. Like seeing the progress hang in there and good luck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It’s been awhile was just thinking how you were getting along. New wiring a big plus. Vintage air cool. Fiberglass work no Bueno. Wax paper nice idea but fiberglass sucks. Stay in touch. Like seeing the progress hang in there and good luck.
Thanks for the encouragement. It actually helps with the motivation!

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Take the time and do it right the first time. You don’t want to look back and wish that you had. Progress is progress what your doing does not happen over night. Have patients and pace your self like I said earlier one bite at a time. When your finished that car will be something you built and that will mean a lot more to you than if you just went out and purchased it. Keep plugging way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts