Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1101 - 1120 of 1135 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That nice new truck would make an easy trip over to Wisconsin.

Bummer if you don't make it this year. Understand- I really wanted to take the 71 this year- just wasn't going to happen!!!

Car still looks great -even DUSTY!!!

Richard

OK...I just noticed your Christmas lights are still up!!!

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
That nice new truck would make an easy trip over to Wisconsin.

Bummer if you don't make it this year. Understand- I really wanted to take the 71 this year- just wasn't going to happen!!!

Car still looks great -even DUSTY!!!

Richard

OK...I just noticed your Christmas lights are still up!!!
:rolling::rolling::rolling: Christmas tree and wrapped present in the garage too.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,103
I have some minor updates and will post them when time allows but just wanted to say;
Happy birthday to my 40 year old corvette!
Still looking good after all these years!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beautiful C3! You should look into getting the holley efi hp with the LS harness. It has an autotune feature that will tune the engine in a few minutes then you can tweak it as little or as much as you want in the user friendly interface.

Thanks for posting the build thread we are starting to shop for our first C3 and its nice to see what you can do to them!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I think Brent works for the CIA, he is way to secretive. There is one thing for sure, we want find out about Larry until he wants us to. :spanked:

:cheers:
Mark

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
So if Larry gets the treatment once a year that paint will look 50 ft deep in 50 years. Wow it looks great Brent.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,111 (Edited)
Richard covered most of the update, but here it is with pictures.

This summer I sprayed some Plastic-Dip GS stripes on Larry to see if I liked them. I did. That seemed like a good excuse to drive 500 miles each way to CIC and get them sprayed on for good. I am really happy with the look.
day off-1 by brent hagist, on Flickr

I got to check out the new shop. It's YUGE!

They were in the process of moving as much as possible before heading out to SEMA so it was pretty intense. I helped move a couple cars that belong to some of you guys here. :thumbsup:

This summer we took Larry to Vettes on the River in La Claire Iowa with about 300 other corvettes.
IMG_5019 by brent hagist, on Flickr

As well as Good Guys in Des Moines
IMG_3131_zpsdipmcbj5 by brent hagist, on Flickr
Josh was there and I got to ride in his C5 on the Auto Cross. THAT WAS FUN!
Josh and brent auto x by brent hagist, on Flickr

IMG_3618 by brent hagist, on Flickr
Josh will claim that I photoshopped in some of those cones. :laughing:

I played around with some HDR photography this summer. While I still have a lot to learn, it is fun to mess around with.
fathers day larry-65-2 by brent hagist, on Flickr

park monday-1 by brent hagist, on Flickr

photobucket sucks. by brent hagist, on Flickr

I had planned on doing a bunch of work on the car this summer, but every day I would get home from work and instead would jump in and just drive. Pick a town and drive there. Get a Mt. Dew. Drive home. There is no better therapy for me than a nice drive on a county road in an old vette. I hope to get a few things done this winter and will let you know if I actually get around to them. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Exactly the problem I've run into Brent... it's hard to work on them when they want to stretch their legs!!
I hate taking my car off the road!!!
Richard... I have no other way of reaching you and with apologies to all for this small hijack...
Do you still have the brackets and such for the electric headlight conversion? I am interested in doing this upgrade and since I am in the process of completing a few small projects now would be a good time.
Richard please email me at [email protected] with instructions to obtain the parts I'll need.
Thank You and now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....
Again my apologies to Brent for this interruption and a big thanks to Richard!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,115
I can’t believe this much time has gone by since the last update. Side Pipes and I have had some health issues set us back but we are still keeping at it. Short version: She has been undergoing chemo the last two years and I did chemo over the winter months. One of the side effects of my chemo was that I could not touch anything cold. By cold I mean anything that is not 98.6 or warmer. I could not even touch the kitchen counters without my hands becoming numb so picking up cold wrenches in the garage was out of the question. I had a lot of plans for the winter, but obviously most of them did not happen.
I will try and remember what has been done to/with Larry since last I posted, not necessarily in the correct order… 

We did a day on Power tour last summer. Everything that could go wrong pretty much did, except for Larry ran great and showed well.

newton photo-1 by brent hagist, on Flickr

I drove Larry out to South Dakota to the Custom Image BBQ. I got to help finish up Scott and Stacey’s beautiful car (Pops71lives) and meet them. Great folks and getting to see Stacy’s reaction when she saw the car was worth the trip. I also saw Flemming's amazing build before it was done.

IMG_4937 by brent hagist, on Flickr

IMG_4949 by brent hagist, on Flickr

I made the trip again and we upgraded the cam and intake as well as switched from the rack and pinion to Borgenson box. 

IMG_4964 by brent hagist, on Flickr

I happened to click on a Facebook parts for sale ad and there was a guy an hour away from me selling Dakota Digital VHX gauges. They were still in the plastic. He was having a C3 built and his builder literally lost his mind. The project was abandoned and he was selling stuff off at an absurdly cheap price. Looks like I am turning 2400rpm at 80mph. :)

fullsizeoutput_1819 by brent hagist, on Flickr

Over the coming days I will try and look through my photos and remember what else has been going on. I have also been trying to catch up on the ongoing threads and check out the new buids.
 I hope everyone is doing well and been able to enjoy their 'vettes.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,117
sure, richard.
I wound up keeping my C4 seats and having them recovered. They are comfortable and sit low in the car so I got new foam and had a local shop cover them for me. I was really happy how well the turned out.
seats by brent hagist, on Flickr
I wanted a different center console with a cup holder and the parking brake on the side. I also wanted to raise the arm rest and create a little bit of storage space under there. I made a new console and used a C5 parking brake. I still don't have the cup holders in there but when I do they will not be heated and cooled. :)
I made a forward piece and a rear piece and set them in the car where I wanted them.
IMG_5819 by brent hagist, on Flickr

I taped off the area and then used hot glue to hold wood strips in place. Then I was able to take them out and glass them together. When done it easily rips off and does not leave hot glue on the pieces.

IMG_5820 by brent hagist, on Flickr
IMG_5823 by brent hagist, on Flickr

IMG_5853 by brent hagist, on Flickr

I had the console covered by the same guy that did the seats so they match. We are going to do the dash and trim pieces as time and money allow. I am trying to update the interior a bit but retain the key elements, and make it look custom but not over the top tacky.

IMG_5857 by brent hagist, on Flickr

IMG_5855 by brent hagist, on Flickr
There are a couple of other updates I will try and post when my internet connection is more stable.
-brent

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Very nice work Brent and thanks for the update. Your project has come full circle that interior is gorgeous and makes your Vette shine. I know you’re very proud of what you have accomplished. I haven’t anything to update on my build haven’t touched it in over a year but haven’t lost interest yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yup, those seats look great and I think they have more character then C5 or C6 seats. They look so good in there I have to admit I missed the center console upgrade. Great job Brent !

Reactions: brent319
1101 - 1120 of 1135 Posts