Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the originals gloss black or flat black. I'm repainting mine while I'm in the process of putting on sidepipes....

Thanks,

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just go to autozone and get a can of duplicolor "Trim Black" spray paint. It's a low gloss that's the same color as the black painted trim around the winshield and rear glass.

I did my rockers with this and they look great, lays down good and it's not too flat or not too glossy.....just right. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think they're flat, with the trim across the top edge chrome.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I need to repaint my window trim and rocker panels,i can see some black at the corners so i guess it wore off over the years. what kind of prep do you need to do with the moulding and panels to get the paint to stick and look good.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Originals were semi-flat black. Krylon semi-flat black is a near perfect match. Off the shelf at Wal-Mart.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I need to repaint my window trim and rocker panels,i can see some black at the corners so i guess it wore off over the years. what kind of prep do you need to do with the moulding and panels to get the paint to stick and look good.
Here's the exact stuff I used on my rocker panels and window trim. While searching for the paint I found a link to a person that restored windshield wiper arms......the window trim and rocker panels use the same method. The main thing is to make sure you remove all the flaking paint and feather what is still stuck or chipped out.

http://carbodywork.blogspot.com/2006/07/windshield-wiper-arm-repair-and.html

·
Registered
138 Posts
^^^ Yes, that's exactly what I used. You will also want to use Adhesion Promoter. Really makes the paint stick to that bare aluminum...

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Your mouldings and panels look great,thanks for posting pics :thumbsup: and that dupli-color paint can in the pic is the same thing i used when i painted my wiper arms and wiper linkage,took them off my car and put them in my bead blaster to clean up and they turned out very nice.
thanks again for your feed back. can't wait to do mine now, maybe i will tackle that today since im still waiting on my new motor,you know that bad case of the "While-im-atit's" :laughing:

Kevin

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Just go to autozone and get a can of duplicolor "Trim Black" spray paint. It's a low gloss that's the same color as the black painted trim around the winshield and rear glass.

I did my rockers with this and they look great, lays down good and it's not too flat or not too glossy.....just right. :thumbsup:

Those rims chrome or brushed aluminum??.....hard to find brushed aluminum today, everyone seems into chrome, which I have never liked on wheels....

that pix does look GOOD though.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts