Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anyone used the over ride harnesses like in the link below, did it work with your current switch, my wipers havent worked since I got the car, from what I understand the 79 switches arent made anymore, is this something you get a non-intermittant switch and then used this, or hows it go? Apparently the switch regulates voltage or something, cause I cant even jump it to get it to run, I dont plan to drive the car in the rain so dont need em except for inspection, any help is appreciated.
thanks
ed

link:
http://www.zip-corvette.com/ProductDetails/ProductDetails.aspx?pid={08acbd7c-5b7f-49a7-867a-105daf23530d}&gid={7a2a6677-0acd-4dd8-94e3-1960a02b7bd9}&GroupName=Wiper+Switch&pname=79+Wiper+Controller+Over-Ride+Jumper+Harness&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=GL1-SR&CTitle=&

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will only work if the switch and motor are good. It only bypasses the intermittent function module. Try a search on this and other forums on wiper motor testing.
I know the motor is good, not sure about switch, I'll search around and see if I can find the thread on how to test.
Thanks
Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts