Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a quick turn-around between our most-recent race (25 August ), and our last race of the RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Points Series at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Florida, just 10 days away from today, and the Points Championship is still up-for-grabs, with Craig Gingerich slightly-more than 3 rounds ahead of Candace Swenson:
Kevin Roberts, who won this-past Saturday, now has won 2 of the last 4 events, and 3 racers, Bob Hyclak, Larry Broadly, and R.J. Gordon, are within a single point of capturing a spot in the Top Ten.

Our most-recent Winner, Kevin Roberts at-Left, with Runner-Up Tracy Lewis at Right, after the Final Round on 25 August '07:

We've had a half-dozen new racers in the last 2 events, and are hoping even-more will join us for our last race of the '07 season, so bring a few Corvette-owning friends out to the track, and enjoy the fun:
we have secure pit-area/parking for the Corvettes on the asphalt, and an pit-pass for spectators is included in the $10 entry-fee.

To race with us, or make practice, time-only runs, there is an additional $20 charge, and everyone wishing to compete must wear a shirt with sleeves (no tank-tops, but short-sleeved shirts are OK ), ankle-length pants, and closed-toe shoes (no sandals ):
helmets are mandatory for cars that run 13.99-or-quicker.

Some of this past-weekend's competitors:

After the races, we hope to have a late-lunch at SONNY'S, at the intersection of Rt. 64 & I-4, as we may-not see each-other until the '08 season-opener:
if you are in the Tampa/St. Pete/Ft. Myers area, we hope to see you at Bradenton Motorsports Park!!!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks good, thanks for posting.:thumbsup:
If you can crawl outta the sack early-enough, come-on down and take some pictures:
we were told that a large group from Tampa (the 'Tampa Posse' ? ) might bring a large contingent, as a few of their members showed-up and raced this past weekend.

Fuzzy Dice from Deltona came-down this weekend, but he'll miss the last event of the season, as he'll be at OSW for their Summit Points Series finale that evening.

Here are a few more pictures from last week:

This tube-chassis'd C5 made a few shake-down runs, including an early shut-off 7.2-squirt:

I was explaining the basics to a couple of first-timers, and I didn't get any up-close pictures of Dan Bouldry's back-halved/solid-axle '68

but I did notice that late-'70s Silver Corvette that has been running at OSW showed-up late in the afternoon, probably for the night race.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got-invloved with a thrash in the pits yesterday, and didn't get the chance to take as many pictures during time-trials as I have in the past.....
:(

The project concerned Candace Swenson's '72, who's carb developed a leak as it was backed-off the trailer:
as her family/crew left the track in-search of another carb, a group of racers took-turns assisting in getting the bad-carb removed while alternately maiking their-own time-shots.

When another carb arrived, it was quickly installed, and Candace made the call for First Round, but lost in the 2nd stanza, ending her hopes for claiming the Points Championship in just her second season of racing.

In First Round action, the dueling C4s of Jerry Seward (far-lane ) and Richard Martell battled

Robin Wahler's C6 approached the starting-line before matching-up with Dan Bouldry

James McHale's drop-top C6

Eventual Runner-Up Kevin Roberts (far-lane ) and Seward get-ready for the 2nd Round

Runner-Up Kevin Roberts, 3rd-from-Left, accepts his plaque, while Candace Swenson 'congratulates' Craig Gingerich on his Points Championship

Event Winner Dan Bouldry, 2nd-from-Right, with the 'usual-suspects'

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
I saw all those Vette's headed that way as I was on my way home to Brandon from down there. Looks like it was a fun day.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw all those Vette's headed that way as I was on my way home to Brandon from down there. Looks like it was a fun day.
BMP treats us very-good, with preferential parking/asphalt pit-spaces, and once the Corvettes are eliminated from competition, we can continue to make time-only test-runs until the end of the races/session at 2-3PM.

We had 19 racers at our last race in much-hotter conditions, and were hoping to get 20+ cars this day, but in-spite of cooler temps (low-90*s ), we still only had 14 come-out:
when the '08 schedule is finalized, I'll post it here, and we'd love to have you and fellow Corvette-owners come-out and support the Series, either as racers or fans.....

we usually have a tent set-up in our pit-space, and Tracy, Craig, or myself offers help with beginning racers on aspects of bracket-racing like dialing-in, cutting a light, and judging the stripe, so don't be bashful:
come-on-down!!!!!

The RevXtreme shop in Brandon/Tampa is having a Car Show on 29 September from 4-10PM, and we are setting-up a full-size practice-tree:
anybody is welcome to bring their hot-rod, practice on the tree and bench-race.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.