Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken my 1980 daily driver off the road to do a Daytona wide body conversion, so I've got entire 1980 body for sale. Front bumper(rubber), rear bumper(rubber), entire front clip (intact), front under grill, both rear quarter quarter panels (cut above the bond strip), both door skins, fully functional complete pop-up lights, 2 sport mirrors, and don't forget the hood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had one built in the mid 80s, which I sold when I got married. The car ended up somewhere in PA. My initial attempt was to hunt it down. I still have the VIN and try to buy it back. After several attempts I just decided to build one myself. (wish I had watched the previous one being build a little more closely.)

Unfortunately, Ecklers or Greenwood no longer make the kits, but was lucky enough to find the owner of the old Greenwood molds here in the Central Fl area. We have to remake a few parts, but will soon have a complete set of molds to allow the tradition to continue on ... for all us C3 owners.

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Have you got a pix or site to see how it would look? Don't know if I have see one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure, what resolution pictures do you need?

I'm not sure about the compatibility between those years, but I'll check. My Eckler's catelog shows one part number for 69 - 82.

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Sortta like the one in "Corvette Summer". I love the hood on those cars. Makes them look mean just standing still. Good luck with the project.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I still have some parts from my 80. Here's the list....

Rear (rubber) bumper
Door skins (pair)
Sport Mirrors (pair)
Rear quarter panels (pair)
Hood
Complete seats (pair)
2 sets of rear lens
Rocker panels (pair)
8 in Slotted corvette wheels with Goodyeatr Eagle GT II (set of 4)

Now, I'm taking everything plus a large assortment of Greenwood
flares, spoilers, etc.... over to the Winter NCRS show here in
Orlando Jan 22-25, so I don't know how much I'll have left. I'd rather first try to sell as much as possible there, so we all don't have to deal with the grating and shipping charges.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope, sorry all the front end parts went together, except the hood. The seat are the corvette c3 maroon/red. I'm not at home right now, but I know the leather is not true and needs repair/replace on some panels

·
Registered
21 Posts
how about the door panels , mine are clarnet (red) and the door handles , i also need the condole gage panel. and also does the vanity mirror work and do you have it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm keeping rest of the interior. The seats are going because I'm going to try and fit some aftermarket racing styled seats in it. The inside door panels will go eventually. I'm planning on designing and fabricating a fiberglass inside skin that can be covered with a material our choice and that will replace all the horribly designed arm rests, etc. Sort of what is available in the hot rod industry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts