Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on rebuilding my 80 vette. When i got the car the frame was bad. I purchased a mint frame from a '79 and i will just use that. i have already got then new rear because mine oviously wouldn't fit. I know i will be doing a few other mods to make everything fit. I want to make it more fun. So i have decided to change the transmission from an auto to a 4 speed stick. A while ago i found a company that offered a complete kit to do the conversion out of used parts. Has any one herd of this? or does anyone know where i might be able to find these parts? I have found some brand new kits but they are about 5k. thats alittle more than i can spend right now. I have already blown the budget on new parts this was just an after thought. any help is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am unsure if the frame is auto or stick. i do know that there is a clutch mounting bracket welded to the frame though. I am not sure if all the frames were made that way or not.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
If the clutch bracketry is welded to the frame, it's a 4 speed frame. AT frames do not have the clutch brackets.

My advice would be to purchase the assembly instruction manual (AIM) and take a look at the factory installations of both. You can use the original parts and part numbers listed in the AIM to put together your parts list.

You're going to have some holes to cut in the cowl, and others to patch. The AIM shows those.

:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts