Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learned that some 81 and or 82 vettes had clocks in the radio and an oil temp gauge. I tried to find aftermarket gauges but could not. Does anyone have one of these vettes?

I would like to swap the clock in my 79 for a gauge, and an oil temp gauge would work. I figured out that I would need a new bezel and perhaps the cluster?

If anybody has one, do they still work? Where do you get them?

Presh

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thaks for the Bump Wit,

Nobody owns an 81 82 with an oil temp gauge???

They dont exist?

·
Registered
255 Posts
My 82 has an Oil Temp Guage. Don't know how you'd hook it up in a 79. But, the 82's do have them.

Shaggy

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shaggy, do you happen to have a picture you can post of that gauge?

I think I will need to buy the whole cluster from an 81 or 82 in order to hook it up. Well, then drill a hole somewhere for the sender.

Thanks for the responce. Intrestingly, there are NO aftermarket oil temp gauges that I can see, and I have found none on ebay either.

Duder

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, if you go to summitracing.com, and search through the gauges section, and look under Autometer, you'll find a couple of oil temperature gauges. And that's just what I looked at fairly quickly, without scanning through other options within that brand family--much less all the other brands they have available.

I'm considering doing the same thing, but I haven't fully scoped out the right size, gauge face, etc. But I'm cautiously optimistic that the Autometer brand will have what I want when the time comes.

Good luck with your search, and installation.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 80 has one. In the car when it was picked up new at the dealer. Works fine! Have had alot of people ask about it at car shows we go to. I think it was part of an option pkg with the upgraded stereo. Have not seen another vette with it.:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sorry can't post a pic of the cluster. To answer the option ???? In the 80 I believe that you had the option of a clock or the oil pres. guage.

Shaggy
"Merry Christmas"

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Outstanding Shaggy! This is the first time I have ever seen a pic of the oil temp gauge. That is exactly what I want to do to my 79. Thanks for the pic, now all I need to do is find a complete gauge cluster.

Dude

·
They call me, Hugh Huffner
584 Posts
Mid America has Oil temp guages, my 81 has one as well. Doesn't work right now, but she has one!

Mid America Motorworks: 1800-500-1500 or www.madvet.com

P/N 612-471 78-82 Oil Pressure Gauge $69.99
P/N 624-341 73-81 Sender (block) $49.99
P/N 624-743 81-82 Sensor Oil Temp Guage $29.99

Not sure what else you will need to hook her up, but there it is!

Happy New Year!
Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts