Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been successful in repairing the Passenger side Vanity Mirror on an '81? Echlers and others have replacements, but mine is Dark Red and they don't make that color.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe a way to paint it with the interior paint? Maybe a pain in the butt. I have heard that there is some other Chevys (not sure of models) with those sunvisors possibly could find in a junkyard. What is broken on yours? the lights? the plastic?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plastic "hinges" on the mirror cover broke. Tried using JB Weld and painted it to match, but it didn't last long. There must be a way to fix these or someone can become rich and produce a repair kit.

·
Registered
749 Posts
good luck. mine broke on my '81 and i thought..ok, no big deal..i'l just get another. wrong!! they just started making replacement repros and they run for over 100 bucks. i have looked at other chevy vanity mirrors, but so far haven't found one that matches.

at this time, i can find other things that need to be fixed or replaced with that 100 bucks.

and, you're right ...some one is getting rich making the repro mirrors!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
yea, but be careful...it's held in place in two spots. it has plastic legs that lock into two holes in the visor. be extra careful when prying it off so that you don't snap the plastic of shatter the glass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts