Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

41 - 60 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
ENGINE INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now for what you wanted to see. After the motor was closed back up, new flywheel and clutch added it was then bolted up to the T-56 and with the fresh motor mounts mounted she was ready to get dropped in!!!.

Of coarse with a cherry picker you almost always have to attack it from the side, simply jack up the front and remove the wheel.

There she is sittin pretty.

Do these look familier? I really did not like the look of my CE wheels, and my tires were dry rotting.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
COMPLETING ENGINE AND HYDROBOOST SETUP!!!!!

ok, now a little more completion of the engine bay and some of the BLING that this engine bay is going to get.

First the valve covers and accessories started to go on.

The crank pulley is still stock, but in a month or two I will put on a underdrive pulley, thats why we just hit it up with some black paint for now and left it as is.

Unfortunetly due to time restrictions I was not able to have my SIDEPIPES modified and I sold them, but to make up for them and for things being in a Pinch I purchased Josh's MELROSE headers off his LS3, I also purchased his entire CUSTOM exhaust for now. This is only temporary I still plan to with sidepipes in a few months.

also note the Fuel fitting for the Braided lines.

With things being in a pinch and having to move REALLY fast, some stuff just was not able to get shown being built.

The HYDROBOOST system can be seen in the next pictures, it is already installed I will describe it a little bit.

My system utalizes a Hydroboost unit, WILWOOD M/C, a PORPORTONING VALVE, and LINE LOCKS!!!!!!!!

Now in just two weeks of work we have gone from THIS!!!

TOOO THIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now we are waiting for my custom Throttle body to show up, if it does not come in 3 days then the stock one goes on and so does the rest of the intake.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I want to apologize to you guys for not understanding the rules a bit better, me being excited and wanting to showcase my car and all the custom work put into it wound up breaking rules. If I had understood them better I would not have done it, I edited the post and I hope that all the problems I caused get worked out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Im digging it!!

Cant wait until I get to this point as well.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
What You Have All Been Waiting For!!!!!!

IT LIVES!!!! More pics and the final assembly will probably come after the holidays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNwD0stKYM

This was the test fire, due to the fact that I got HOSED on the custom P/P throttle body the stock one went back on along with a test filter, mine will be a different setup

·
Registered
978 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D

purrs like a "kitten"... yah..... the kitten from hell :devil: :devil:

God bless open headers, that thing sounds great! Cant wait to see when everything is all back together:partyon:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I think its funny how the dog runs off when it starts up LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
LS motor looks beautiful in there. Looking forward to some clean up pics of the install. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Nothing new till after the new year, josh is on vacation and I am about to ship out to go back to the states so no internet for me for till new year either.

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
I am about to ship out to go back to the states so no internet for me for till new year either.
you going to have the chance to see it while you're stateside?

have a safe trip home. :cheers:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congratulations! I was in San Antonio over Thanksgiving. I have a cousin stationed at Fort Hood, so next time I'm in SA, prolly this summer, I'll have two reasons to run up. Actually three, I gotta see the new Cowboy Stadium.
Bee Jay

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Congratulations! I was in San Antonio over Thanksgiving. I have a cousin stationed at Fort Hood, so next time I'm in SA, prolly this summer, I'll have two reasons to run up. Actually three, I gotta see the new Cowboy Stadium.
Bee Jay
Sure thing BJ, and yes My deployment will be over so I will have the car when I get back. The finish date is set for the 16th of Jan. So it will be done soon.

There is a part of me that really wants to throw a cam and some heads on it to put out about 450whp but I cant see doing that yet when I still need brakes and a rack LOL.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks great man! I can't believe how fast Josh can get things done. If mine is not back together by this Spring, I might have to give him an all expense paid trip to Alabama to knock mine out too! Keep us updated...:thumbsup:

41 - 60 of 227 Posts