Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me identify some extra brackets of of my engine. Took pictures of everything except the engine. Help!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have identfied the small bracket in the lower middle. It goes on the fuel tank lines at the fuel tank,

Maybe these other brackets go somewhere other than the motor????

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
the large silver one is a shield, it mounts on the bottom of the battery box and the frame. It is a shield for the charging wire to the alternator. The large flap goes on the side of the area between battery box and frame.

it goes in here:

One bolt goes into the crossmember above the partking cable bracket the other into the fiberglass where the battry hold down reinforcement plate is.

The small one in the center goes over the 2 rubber section of fuel lines, connecting the hard lines to the filler neck.

The little rod is a guide for the parking brake cable. it goes on the passenger side on the front side of the rear crossmember. The parking brake cable goes between the crossmember and that little rod where the U bend is.

I recognise the other one but for the life of me, don't remember where it went. Maybe it'll dawn on me.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Nope, the ALDL (in 82 it's called assembly line data link) one looks like this:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the help. I found the pages in AIM book and marked them so I wouldn't forget.

What would I do with out the forum members help.

:cheers:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
the transducer bracket looks like a horseshoe on one side, it's open.

Still don't know what the bracket is though....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts