Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The linkage from my passenger outside door handle to the latch is either broken or disconnected.

What's the trick to taking off the inner door panel. I've taken out all the screws and it doesn't want to budge... (I'm kind of a rookie at this, I probably missed some !!!)...

Any hidden clips or special tools required?

Is there a "how to" section about this?

Thanks.... Bill

·
Registered
697 Posts
You should have two bolts to remove for the arm rest, one for the inner door handle bezel, one up near the top rear, one near the bottom rear and one inside the map pocket.

Then its just a gentle pull upward. Be carefull with the lock wiring. They can be brittle and the electrical pins may be exposed as well. Would be good to disconnect the batt so you don't short out something.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... yeah I think I missed one of the door handle bolts.

And thanks for the advise on the wiring and disconnx of battery...

Bill

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The assembly instruction manual (AIM) for '82 would help you a lot. It has a diagram of door panel installation showing the various screws, bolts, clips, and retainers, plus diagrams of all the goodies you're going to find when you get the panel off.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
there are 3 on the arm rest, one on the door handle, one in the pocket, another one by the corner of the door (lower corner towards rear of car) and that should be all ! Oh and the mirror control if you have that

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, for all the info.

I went ahead and found an Assembly Instruction Manual on e-bay for $20 + shipping.

I should have it next week. I figure I'll be using it alot.. !!!

Thanks again for all the help........

Bill...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts