Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guy think of a 1984 camaro HO with a 71 351 cobra jet. I was thinking of making this my project car. Im getting the camaro for pretty much nothing. But im not to sure yet on the mack 1.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Does the Camaro already have the Ford engine in it or is that what you want to put in it?

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
The 351 Cobra Jet is a FORD motor. My guess is that he is incorrect.

There is little sense in doing the relatively large, laborous work changing everything and putting in a Ford motor/trans.

As for the 1894 Camaro, I'll assume (dork) you meant 1984. And, that car is a utter pile of crap. Free or not, I wouldn't work on it!

:laughing:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No they are not already done. I was just thinking about it casue the body on the camaro is really good and the inside is not bad. As for the mach 1 that would be free. So just to get more power out of it.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
As for the 1894 Camaro, I'll assume (dork) you meant 1984. And, that car is a utter pile of crap. Free or not, I wouldn't work on it!

:laughing:<br>

I did'nt even know they made an 1894 camaro. I need to come here more often. :laughing: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
If it's free it would be a fun car to play with. I don't think I would try the Ford swap That's lots of work. A big block would be fun though. Any time you can get a free car you have to do it.:stick:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya. The camaro would cost me about 80 bucks to have the keys made for it and that’s it. My grandma has a storage lot. And these cars are from the people that don’t pay.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I'm officially lost on this one. The sad thing is that one of the posts is made by me.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Originally posted by snipcod ...<br>
ya. The camaro would cost me about 80 bucks to have the keys made for it and that’s it. My grandma has a storage lot. And these cars are from the people that don’t pay.<br>

Too bad I don't live in that area. For $80 you can't go wrong If it's in any kind of shape you could always part it out for more than that.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ya it's nice. But it can be a real pain in the ass. It can take about to two month to take the car. Lot's of paper work. And some times it just takes one call. And it in pretty good shape. No major dents. No broken glass. The only things I see wrong with it is the last time it passed emissions was in 99. And the wire harnes is no good at all.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
What engine does it have in it now? If it's a V8 (I don't recall if they even had a 350ci - might have been a 305ci) why don't you just radically tweak the engine? You'd probably have to work on the 351 anyway.

One doesn't see many of those anymore so if you like the body style, go for it.

Putting the Ford engine in a Chevy is like dogs and cats living together (thanks Bill Murray). And that can't be good.

F ix
O r
R epair
D aily

:laughing:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It has a V8 305 Z28. the CR is 9.5:1. HP [email protected] and torques [email protected] Induction is a 4bbl HO. Manual std. is 3.73. I like the 3rd gen camaro's looks the best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts