Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and man my car got hot, I was at 230 and climbing and started to worry real bad. by the time I could get pulled over my car was at 253 deg. I shut her down and cooled for and hour, then limped home. correct me if im wrong but isnt 250 like blow your motor hot?

sofar I have not been able to locate a parts place around me that has the correct cooling fan motor. pepboys, napa , advance auto, none have it listed.

do you guys have any idea where I should look to find my part? Im definately going to need it to be at my house by tomorrow evening so I can install it and be driving.

I wonder if I could get an upgraded electric fan unit? maby the local speed shop will have something I can use.
man
this car is one thing after another. but I love it anyways.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fan Motor?

Are you sure the fan motor is dead? Have you put 12 volts to it? I had to replace my relay (twice) and the relay connector. I installed an 80 amp relay and connector . . . no more problems!

:buhbye: S.T.W.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet idea on the 80 amp relay. im all over that too. yes it is getting power, it is just a crusty old motor.

man taking the fan out was harder than I thought, driver side steering rack was in the way, pasanger side ac stuff was all up in the way, hahaa. maby I need some of those handy drive up ramps to elevate the car. so I can get underneath it and work, instead of going in from the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts