Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My rh headlight w/n rotate, I bought an actuator relay, but cannot find a lcation, anyone out there knows the location??

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
jr7221 said:
thanks for overwhelming response!!!!:nuts: :(
Holy crap. I can't believe we missed this, jr7221. Our bad.

I'm sure someone will jump in now that it is at the top, and I bet Jeff can help you out as well, let me send him a PM.

Stay tuned!

:thumbsup:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
jr7221 said:
My rh headlight w/n rotate, I bought an actuator relay, but cannot find a lcation, anyone out there knows the location??
on my 89 the control module for the light doors is in the left hand front of the car, my guess below the Headlight along the frame.

I am not sure if it is the same on the 84, since the 84-87 motors are different. you may want to try on both side, since I think the older cars have 2

·
Registered
382 Posts
Are you sure it's the motor? C-4 are notorius for the 3 Delrin bushings in the motor assembly to disentegrate. Mid-America has them seperate so you don't have to buy the whole motor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Location of relays

Hi,
the relays are located on the front of drivers side wheelwell . There are 3 of them under a plastic cover. Your best bet is to use a test light to see if the relay is triggeringing the circuit to the motor connector before replacing the relay. (if the motor whirs but doesnt rotate then its one of the 2 gears ...bushings arent used until 1988...but since it doesnt seem to be getting power it is either the relay/bad connection/or a burned out motor)I dont remember the wireing schematic offhand but its at our website corvettearchives.com......its listed under "upgrades" since we replaced the old motors with the 88 upgrade kit......much more reliable and MUCH quieter!
later
Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your help i'll check it out when i get home tonight...thanks again..Jim R:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts