Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has a standard equiped 84 Z51 that would be able to measure the wheel arch height from the ground on a level surface. A ways back, I swapped out the springs in my car to in an effort to reduce some harshness in the ride. I installed 87 base springs in front and rear, along with base shock absorbers. Recently I noticed that car sits a bit higher on one side, or at least it seemed so. Upon taking a tape measure to the center of each wheel arch, it appears the car is a 1/2 inch higher on the right side. For instance, the right rear measures 28 inches as compared with the left rear at 27.5. The right front is 27.5 as compared with the the left front at 27. I would assume a slight difference from side to side, but is this normal? I've measure the the threads on each of the rear bolts, and they are even to where the cotter pit is located on the retainer nut. Some one suggested that I should consider taking it to an alignment shop to revise the settings. Could this be the issue?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I think so. I really don't notice anything different in the wheels or tires from before. Also both springs appeared to be in good condition with no indication of warping etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts