Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have something in the works that is forcing me to sell this car. Oh...and the wife is a bit pregnant...and three Vettes don't make for one good family car!

1985 Vette with 91-96 body panels (OEM parts)
-383 (350 .030 over/400 crank)
-speed pro forged pistons
-ported/polished cast heads with 2.02/1.6 valves
-Crane 20/50 flat hydraulic cam
-1.6 full roller Bowtie rockers
-#30 Accell injectors
-BBK regulator
-ported lower-stock upper intake
-hooker headers
-2600 B&M stall converter
-built 700R4
-rebuilt 3.08 D36
-new a/c system
-new heater core
-new shocks
-new flexible brake hoses
-lowered
-REAL ZR1 rims 17.9.5 w/ spacer front 17x11 rear
-BFG tires (in like new condition)
-new MAF
-new Knock sensor
-new computer
-stock and ADS chip
-new serp belt

**NOT EMISSION COMPLIANT**

The car runs and drives great. It has an ocassional issue with rough idle. There is some piston pin noise when the engine is cold.

$6K firm 904-298-3017 [email protected]

See pics, etc, here:

http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/Frankenvette.html

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Looks nice and sounds like a fair price. Should go fast. Good luck

:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,

I am not comfortable with listing a car on Ebay. However, there sure seems to be a lot of cars selling there.

Here is the scoop. Just as strange as it was that I got this 85 Vette back, I have bumped into something that is really making me go nuts.

I found my first car! It was/is a 1969 Camaro. My Dad and I restored it and I even took my first driver license test in it. Well....after some searching, it popped up about 200 miles west of me. I went to see it last weekend. It is undergoing a major restoration. I am trying to talk the guy into selling it back to me.

Don't know if he will, or won't yet. There is no way I can keep the three Vettes, and drag home the 69 Camaro. We are also deep in the middle of rebuilding my Dad's old 1923 T-bucket. For those of you that don't know, I lost my Dad on 10/25/03. There is not a day that goes past that my heart is not still breaking. The one connection he and I had was....Cars.

Anyway, the big benefit is, when my wife spits out the kid...the three of us can cruise in the Camaro. Plus...it was my first car!!!!!!! :partyon: Could you imagine how cool it would be if they still sell gas 16 years from now...and me and my son end up restoring my first car all over again for him to drive?????

I will miss Frankenvette when it is gone, but of all the things I have spinning around right now, it is the one getting the least amount of use.

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Sorry about your Dad. He is still with you.

Good luck on your wife when she "spits" out the kid.:rolling:

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad. My dad and I are building a 23 T-bucket. Good luck with yours.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
raidmagic said:
Sorry to hear about your dad. My dad and I are building a 23 T-bucket. Good luck with yours.:thumbsup:
That's pretty cool. I am currently rebuilding my Dad's old 23T as a family project. He sold it 20 years ago to a good friend of his that is now a millionaire. He has no regular use for the 23T, and gave it back to the family when he heard my Dad had passed.

I have just finished going through the engine (327) and dressing it up. We are getting ready to pull all the chrome to have it stripped and replated. The folks at total performance have been good for helping me find parts.

Sidepipes----I am not in a big hurry at all. I am also not flexible on the price, so I am willing to wait to get what I am asking. This is the only location that I have posted a sales ad.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
84 GRANDSPORT said:
Is it the same total performance located in Wallingford Ct? :huh:
I guess so. I just looked at a box from a part they sent me and it says:

400 S. Orchard St.
Wallingford, CT 06492

I am going to have to get a shock kit from them to weld to the front of the 23T as well as several detail parts.

·
Registered
0 Posts
69MyWay said:
I guess so. I just looked at a box from a part they sent me and it says:

400 S. Orchard St.
Wallingford, CT 06492

I am going to have to get a shock kit from them to weld to the front of the 23T as well as several detail parts.
Cool...small world....that place is like 20 minutes from my house....A good friend of mine use to work there....great people from what I hear! Good luck with the project!:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts