Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I disconnected the battery to reset the computer because the "range" and fuel economy calcuation has been messed up. I reconnected the battery after about 5 min. turned the ignition on and things were back to normal.

Two hours later I went to start the car and it would not start. Sounded as if it was not getting fuel. I listened for the fuel pump and I thought I heard it. I tried holding the gas peddle all the way down to open the throttle body and the car started but it was rough and it would not idle. After a little while of working it I was able to keep it running but the RPM's were running high. I drove it to my garage and after shuting it down it would not restart.

Any ideas would be helpful. By the way the caculations are messed up again.

Thanks, Stephen

·
Registered
4 Posts
sounds like a possible ECU issue, holding it to the floor should have put it in "clear flood" mode. i would put it on a scan tool and look at temperature sensor inputs. sounds like the computer may be seeing a extremely cold temp. input and making the injector pulse width very long to compensate for a cold start up. was it running noticeably rich once you got it running?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
85 Vette

Yes it was running rich. I could smell the fuel. As I drove it it got better but when I shut it down it would not re-start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well if i were you i'd try to get a hold of a scan tool, or have someone check it out so you can see what kind of information the ECU is getting. If i was making an educated guess i would say either there is a temperature sensor input, a O2 sensor bad, or a ECU problem. Keep us posted on what you find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts