Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking some time off from working on the car I decided to turn some wrenches this past weekend. I decided to swap the anti lock brake setup from the 96 into the 85, which made me think, how many 85's have anti lock brakes and traction control? Is it possible that mine is the only one?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
not sure of numbers but antilock wasn't introduced until 1986.. maybe you have a late enough 85?
certain you don't have traction control. just AB.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure of numbers but antilock wasn't introduced until 1986.. maybe you have a late enough 85?
certain you don't have traction control. just AB.
Well in my case I have removed everything from a 96 and installed it in an 85, so I now have Traction Control and Anti lock. Which is why I asked if possibly its the only one?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
possibly. did you use the computer and programming from the 96 also? That would be needed for traction control.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
possibly. did you use the computer and programming from the 96 also? That would be needed for traction control.
Yes, actually, at this point the only parts that arent 96 are the seats, body, hood and front bumper. I swapped the entire wire harness with Computer and BCM.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So, what you have is a '96 with a (mostly) '85 body? I'd gamble to say you've got the only one! Maybe you could start your own forum for others who have a car like yours! That was quite a project!!

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts