Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some questions about this fuel pump problem a couple weeks ago. My plan was to take the fuel pump off of the factory ECU and let my aftermarket ECU run it. I thought I better do some checking before I do that so I wasn't chasing gremlins.

I checked for power and ground at the pump with a test light with the oil pressure safety switch jumped I had both including the 2 second run when the oil presure switch was not jumped. I took the fuel pump assembly out and checked for continuity from the connector plug (the one outside the tank) to the pump and it was fine. I tested the pump with a 12 volt supply connected to the connector ( again the one outside the tank) and the pump ran fine on the bench. I laid the pump on the back of the car and plugged the connetcor in then I jumped the oil pressure switch and the pump ran fine. I put the pump back in the tank turned the key on and nothing I jumped the oil pressure switch and still had nothing no fuel pump.

What is that white box just under the flange on the fuel tank side the wires come thru the flange into this white box then out of the box and go to the fuel pump ? could this be my problem ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
My opinion....

I think isnstead of chasing an electrical problem, you might want to take a look at the fuel pump. A fuel pump can work intermittently. At the shop I used to work at, when a car would come in with no fuel pressure we used to hit the bottom of the fuel tank with a rubber mallet while cranking the engine. This would "jar" the fuel pump and sometimes cause it to run. The fuel pump is an electric motor. Think of it sort of like a starter, when a "bad" starter is tapped with a hammer or other blunt object, it usually will begin to crank. I think you are having this type of problem with your fuel pump. Just my opinion though. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks copperman. I found the problem it was the connector under the flange I took the connector apart and cleaned it now it is working fine. Thank you for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts