Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh: The owners manual for my 88, states that the fuse marked "crank" is the one for the fuel pump. The problem is, it's behind the Drivers Information Center. How do I go about checking this fuse? It's a 5 amp fuse.

Need help.

Thanks Y'all

Louisiana Cajun

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
88 Vette fuel pump location

The owerners manual says thet the "Crank" fuel pump fuse is located behind the Information center. I looked at the fuse panel on the passenger side, and could not find anything there. Is it called any other name, the fuel pump fuse?

Can I check to fuel pump to see if it gets power to it, using a test gauge or ohm meter?

Any thing would help.

You Vette Guys are great!!!!!!!!!

Louisiana Cajun:partyon: :cheers:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
I am going from memory and will have to double check the 89 maunal later but I thought it was the FP fuse. If it is in the fuse block in 87 and also the same place in 89 It should be there in 88. I also know that the dash harnesses for 87 and 88 should be the same

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Yep, Fuel Relay, that's probably it. :cheers:

I remember I went through the same thing Cajun is going through. The Haynes manual says look for FP and the Owners manual has it labeled twice. One is 5A crank and the other is 10A FP. It turned out to be the 10A marked FR. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
88 fuel pump

Hi!!!!!

Took the lid off the fuel door. There is a hole to the left. Is that where the fuel pump located? Ther are two lines running to it, no wires.

Please let me know.

It's cool to drive a Vette:excited:

Louisiana Cajun

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
You have to pull out the rubber boot, and you will see the pump bolted in the tank. Also, you'll see the wiring when you take the boot out. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts