Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This issue appears to be very similiar to the Thread called Starter??? http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14387

I originally posted there but it was suggested that I start a new thread makes sense since the other thread was old and very long....

Hope you can give me some direction.

Car: 89 automatic

Problem: Very similiar to the original post (Starter???) ... car would start fine and then after shutting off would not crank over. other times car would not crank over and then later in the day start fine.

Thought it might be the starter but I can use a starter button to crank the car over but it will not start. (Key in run position)

The NSS and ignition switch appear to be working correctly. Did a continuity check on both.

Question: Where is the starter interrupt relay located in a 89 corvette? If it is energized will it prevent the fuel injectors from working properly... Is this why it will not start when cranking with a starter button.

I am not sure but I believe the car had a aftermarket security or remote start kit, or ??? at some point. In any case the wiring has been messed with in the past.

Also, a little confusion over the NSS and electrical circuit in Haynes book... The book indicates a yellow wire into the NSS and dark green/white out.... I see a dark green/white and a purple but no yellow.

Any help is appreciated... This has had me for about 6 months.

Determined but stumped.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Start researching VATS. You can search that here or most anywhere sounds like a good place to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start researching VATS. You can search that here or most anywhere sounds like a good place to start.
raidmagic thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That did the trick. Bypassed the starter interrupt relay and she would turn over but not start. The mechanic that tried to help me out and had cut the pass key ignition wires and spliced together with no resistor, based on what he was told, so it would turn over and not start. Put the wires back and she fired right up... :cheers: Now putting everything back together :rolling:

Joe's Trading Post had all the information I needed.... http://www.joestradingpost.com/vats/

Thanks to all those that contributed to the Joe's pages.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts